Advice for connecting tweeters with mid range

m_att
Unregistered guest
Hi there,
I have just finished building my own 20W amplifier module from absolute scratch and now I would like some advice on building my own speaker box to go with it.
I just need somone to clarify on how to connect a tweeter with a mid range woofer to the amplifier, I pulled apart my sharp stereo speaker to find a 100V 2.2 micro fared biopolar capisitor connecting in parallel series with the mid range woofer and tweeter then connecting to the stereo. What would this do? Could I do the same when I get my new tweeter and mid range speaker for my new amp? Thanks
Regards Matt

Silver Member
Username: Timn8ter

Seattle, WA USA

Post Number: 155
A single capacitor is a 1st order high pass filter. This would essentially block lower frequencies from being played on the driver it's connected to. The value of the capacitor determines the roll off frequency. A 1st order filter will roll off at 6db per octave. Whether or not this works for your new drivers is difficult to determine without testing the drivers.

Silver Member

Seattle, WA USA

Post Number: 156
As for your Sharp speakers it appears that the woofer is being played full range and the tweeter is being crossed in at around 9kHz.

m_att
Unregistered guest
Thanks, You have been very helpfull

Silver Member

Seattle, WA USA

Post Number: 159
You're welcome. I'm glad the information was useful.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us