Governor on Yahama Receivers

Bronze Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 62
Is this a yamaha thing or are all modern HT receivers governed??

While I was putting my new rxv2500 through the paces last night, I noticed that I could turn it all the way to +16?. While it sounded great, and the entire house was thumping, I felt like I should be able to push it even further. While granted, at that level, I was probably pushing over 100dbs, and would never listen to it at that level for longer than a minute or two, but I thought I should have been able to push it harder for those extreme moments when I couldnt resist the urge to blast myself out of my movie chair.

Any thoughts??

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest

Yes, you don't need it any louder.

Silver Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 326
Depends on the source material. I find some recordings play louder than others, such as DVD-AUDIO. Also you can adjust the channel levels up so that you get more volume if you like.

Bronze Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 78
Thanks......

I'll leave well enough alone. It obviously goes plenty loud, and produces more than adequate Dbs to rattle your bones.

I guess I wasnt expecting the volume control to be set up the way it was and wasnt expecting full volume to be usable.

If anything, I was curious if that's typical of HT receivers these days. Im sure a lot of 'not-blown' speakers appreciate that feature. Luckily, my old speakers are somewhat indestructable, and nothing has ever been damaged in spite of them being abused from time to time. Im still amazed that they survived my college years, and are still with me all these years later.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us