Monitor Audio B2 (or S1) or B&W 602?

Unregistered guest
I posted a couple of months ago about my frustration with buying new speakers. Yesterday I drove 45 minutes to audition Monitor Audio Bronze and Silver speakers at the only local dealer, only to be told when I got there that they only sell the Gold series.

So I went back to a store I had visited 6 months ago and had another listen to their B&W 600s, 601s, and 602s. I came home with a set of 602s which seem decent enough.

I'm wary of buying a set of speakers without hearing them first, but I have a Marantz 5500 and know from reading posts here that Monitor Audio speakers are supposed to be an ideal match for that receiver.

So if I spring for the Monitor Bronze B2s (or S1s) by mail order, what I expect to sound different than the B&W 602s?

TIA

Silver Member
Username: Ca_convert

CardiffUK

Post Number: 118
The 602's are very well thought of in most of the UK hi fi press for what its worth. Are you happy with the sound?

If="yes" THEN GOTO "keep them".
If="No" THEN GOTO "find a dealer who will let you listen to a pair or sale or return"

Its a loony idea to buy expensive sound equipment without listening to it first. Would you buy a car without looking at it first?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us