New system suggesions-NAD, HK???????

Username: Woodro

Wilmette, Il USA

Post Number: 1
Hi, I am new to the Forum and am looking to upgrade my system after many years. I want something that will be strong musically (a broad range: classical, jazz, swing, punk etc)and will work with HT as well. Our family room is 17x23 and has wood floors, high ceilings and a lot of reflective surfaces. I am looking at Saturday audio's deal on the NAD s250/t163, the NAD T773 and the HK AVR 7300 to power the system. I'm am looking for any feedback on these units as well as speaker suggestions, dvd player suggestions, etc. Don't want to go crazy on the spending, but want a system that I can enjoy for quite awhile. Any help for a relative newbie would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Anonymous

new marantz 5500,7500 will give you musicality for cheap.nad s250/t163 is not needed unless you have money to burn(or spend).Hk 235 for $340 is cheaper than marantz 5500 at $500 online but if you want musicality marantz is definitely worth it(and a bit more powerful probably to boot).If you just want good sound for low $ hk 235 is it.if you want much more laid back sound nad 743,753 but buy nad locally due to some complaints of quality control.I think marantz is much better than nad in my own experience.

Anonymous

best speakers---phase tech,bgcorp.com(high end).cheap(but good)--bic america,--I think jbl and infinity might be good too if you can get them cheap.yamaha sp's might be good as well.rbh speakers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us