Marantz sr6300 annoying "click" sound

new to forum
Unregistered guest
I just bough the new Marantz SR6300. Everytime, I switch between the component source, the receiver keeps generating loud "click" sound that is really annoying. Does anyone know if this is normal or is my unit defect? Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Jonmoon

Post Number: 68
I have a Marantz sr5300 and I think that is the noise it makes to let you know you have successfully accomplished the change. You are not talking about a sound throught the speakers I presume.

Unregistered guest
I just bought a marantz sr7300, one of the last in a box. Does anyone out there have one and if so, tell me if this is a good av receiver? Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Kev5

Post Number: 11
Ed,

I have the Marantz sr7300ose which is basically the same unit as the sr7300 so the sound and quality should be comparable.

At this price point I couldn't be happier.

It is a very musical receiver that handles both music and movies well.

One note of caution is I found it tends to give off a fair bit of heat when driven hard so I recommend leaving as much room for ventilation as possible.

Also, I haven't noticed any clicking sound when switching between component sources. It is completely silent.

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Post Number: 289
Ed:

Over the past year, I went out and spent a considerable amount of time listening to every receiver that listed for under $1K, and quite a few over my $1K limit. This included even taking in a couple of different speaker sets to the dealer so that I could hear what the receiver sounded like with my speakers, that is, speakers I knew very well. Well, I found three receivers that I thought were just head and shoulders above all others for less than $1K. Two were NADs--the 752 and the 742. The third was the Marantz SR7300, which I found incredibly sweet sounding. In fact, it sounded so good the salesman offered to buy my 15 year old Heybrook bookshelfs from me on the spot. If you just stumbled into this receiver, you need to try your luck with the lottery because you are on a hot streak, my friend. I think you did very well and now you need to get some speakers that match well with the Marantz and you will be on top of the world, audio wise. Congrats.

My Rantz
Unregistered guest
Only 2 click sounds in quick succession when turned on (my SR7300).

ED: I thoroughly recommend this unit though as Hawk says, it does get hot when driven hard. My main speakers are 6ohm I recommend 8 ohm as these impedences can drop lower thus making the amp work harder - but not a big deal.

Mute
Unregistered guest
I got the Marantz SR-6300 a few weeks ago and I have a "click" sound whenever I change the volume.
One click for each db. Most annoying.
Is it suppose to do that or have I obtained a bad unit?

My Rantz
Unregistered guest
Mute

I don't know about the 6300 but I doubt it should do that. I'd get it checked. The 7300 only clicks twice when turned on - not with any other function.

Mute
Unregistered guest
It's not a click sound in the reciever.
It's in the sound (speaker and headphones).
Not very loud but it's there and sounds strange.
I will contact the retailer and explain to them.

new to forum
Unregistered guest
Johnathan,

Thanks. It's a click sound in the reciever, not the speaker. I'm glad it's normal.

Mute,
My SR6300 does not produce any click sound via speaker when changing the volume. You might want to exchange your unit or have it checked out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us