Denon 2805, or harmon kardon 430 or other..anybody with an opinion go ahead

confused in vernon, but a little less
Unregistered guest
I went out again to the local dealers, this time armed with a little better knowledge and tried again to pick a unit, I am stuck. I really only want to spend a $1000 canadian including cables. Here is how far I have come.
Bearing in mind that the two most important features are on screen programing and the ability to go to 6.1 in the future.
Feature I would like to have but not total deal breakers EZ Set up and hdmi port.

The HK 135, $599, and they throw in a crappy pair of speakers. The HK 430, nice unit $899, I really like the idea of hk's high current output and that fancy little blue light on the volume knob is pretty cool, my wife liked it for the same reason plus it has very few controls less to screw with the better.
The Denon 1905 - $528, vs 2805 $1050, but they will give five year replacement warrenty on the 2805. Again a nice unit seems to do what it has to, Riches I know you have something to say on this and I really want to know why you sent yours back and went to the 3805 which is totally out of my league. Good salesman here didn't treat me like a kid treated me as a serious buyer even though this is the second time I kicked the tires on this unit.

The yamaha 750 - $599, 1400 - $899. This unit has the ez set up and configures the room for you which is very appealing, the salesman here was very honest he flat out said he would not run down the HK he though that the price was pretty good on it for high current not often a guy will be that honest, I was really impressed, gotta by a tv in the future he will prolly get the business for shizzle.
well the debate is on people, why pay another $300 bucks and what brand. Gonna use this with my psb image 2b's and my psb 8c if that helps any one.

Note I am in canada and all the really cheap online stores prolly will get eaten up in taxes at that friendly canadian border.
ty

Silver Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 315
This thread may help you -

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/110401.html

(posted in your other thread by accident too)

Silver Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 316
Sound equipment is generally more expensive here in Canada. If you want to get a deal you have to search around on ebay.ca, and audiogon.com. I've read good feedback about returns etc. from credited on-line dealers. Make sure you check the companies website to see if the on-line dealer is listed.

I was wary and bought everything from Future Shop with 5 years on the HK 430 receiver and 7 years on the Polk Rti8, Csi3, Fxi3, PSW404 system. The quality is great, but even at a good discount, was still expensive. I got burned being impatient on cables and bought all Monster 12 awg, only thing I regret.

Bronze Member
Username: Shokhead

Lakewood, CA USA

Post Number: 41
Check out the 2105,almost the same as the 2805 but at $500.

Username: Theoilslick

VernonCanada

Post Number: 1
what is the differece between the 2105 and 2805, obviously watts but what else, peace

Bronze Member

Lakewood, CA USA

Post Number: 42
You can go to denon's website and click the icon and it will show reciever spec's side by side.

Username: Theoilslick

VernonCanada

Post Number: 3
the decision was made, the HK 430 has won, thank you everybody who helped me peace I will enjoy this unit to its fullest

Bronze Member

Lakewood, CA USA

Post Number: 46
Cool. Enjoy

thebao
Unregistered guest
Major difference between 2105 and 2805 is that the 2805 has an automatic EQ setup for each channel to compensate for room irregularities, etc. Also, the 2805 has audio lipsync delay so that you can make sure that your video and audio really sync up. This can be a problem for dvd players or hdtvs that upscale.

Bronze Member

Lakewood, CA USA

Post Number: 54
Most people i have talked to dont use the auto eq,they leave it off so its not that big of a deal. I've tried to use it but always in the end turn it off. Havent used or needed to use the sync. So you think those two things are worth the difference in price,around 3-400 bucks? Thats what i see them going for in retail,$499 for the 2105 and $899 for the 2805.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us