Receivers Confusion

Unregistered guest
Hi,

My first step to enter for HT system and I am stuck between some receivers.

Yamaha RX-V2500
Pioneer VSX-56TXI
Onkyo TX-NR901
Onkyo TX-SR702

Can anyone suggest me which one should I go for?

NK

Anonymous

what speakers will you be using?

Anonymous

First I will go for receiver and then buy matching speakers.
Total Budget is around $3000.00

Bronze Member
Username: Xsound

Myrtle Beach, SC United States

Post Number: 25
much of this is going to depend on what is important to you. Which features you feel are a necessity, and which you would like but aren't deal killers, and finally which ones you don't care about at all.

Most people suggest that you let the speaker choice determine your receiver choice. The reason being that speakers are generally the greatest determinant of the final sound. Much of your speaker choice will also be impacted by the size of the room and the mix of music to movie the system will see.

That is about the same budget I had set for buying my receiver and speakers. I figured aobut $1000 for my receiver and $2000 for the speakers. During my research I decided that I liked the Pioneer vsx-56txi, with the yamaha rx-v2500 a close second.

On the pioneer I liked the usb and firewire connections, the abiiliity to bi-amp the front speakers, the fact that it used mosfet amplication, the hefty power supply, large capacitors, and the remote interface. The power supply on the 56 weighs over 16 lbs!

In the end I had to settle for the vsx-54 which doesn't have the usb and firewire connections, and slightly smaller capacitors due to some last second budget constraints. I am very pleased with my receiver. I can't imagine that I would like any of the other receivers you mention more.f

Just one man's opinion- X

Anonymous

Even I like vsx-56 but I think it has very less inputs and outputs? can you suggest matching speakers for vsx-56? (7.1)

Anonymous

Even I also like VSX-56 but I think it has less inputs and outputs.
Which speakers according to you will match this receiver?

Anonymous

Anonymous

Username: Shan

Athens, Georgia USA

Post Number: 9
Even I like vsx-56 but I think it has very less inputs and outputs? can you suggest matching speakers for vsx-56? (7.1)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us