I emailed Bose...here is their reply

fiddlyD
Unregistered guest
i emailed Bose saying that i own several Bose items and that recently i have discovered this link and that im very dissapointed with them and that i feel i got ripped off and want to get rid of everything Bose
http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html
i sent them the link and here is their reply:

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Bose products sell well in the marketplace and are a popular choice for those consumers who want high quality performance, simplicity and elegance in design, and ease of use functionality. We believe our products offer consumers the ability to experience music and home theatre in a way they never have before. This belief is so strong that it has been the foundation of the company's marketing approach from the beginning -- "see, hear, and experience the difference." A consequence of success is often enduring harsh criticism from others. We understand that differing opinions about Bose products exist. This is common for all manufacturers of high end electronic equipment.

Please feel free to contact us at the telephone number listed below to speak to a Customer Focused Representative. He or she will be very happy to answer any questions that you may have about Bose products and make recommendations of the nearest location where you can receive a product demonstration.

Thank you for contacting Bose Corporation.
Lee Miller
Customer Support Team

Ill tell you one thing ...they sure are smart!!!

fiddlyD

fiddlyD
Unregistered guest
HOw should i reply to this??

fiddlyD

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest

Call and tell them you hope Dr. Bose is enjoying your money.

Bronze Member
Username: Usa2k4

Post Number: 81
lol

Silver Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 326
I think that the letter is a beautifully scripted bit of PR. If you call them I'm sure you'll talk with a Customer Focused Representative who will be able to answer all your questions reasonably well too.

As well as effective marketing, there is a lot of technology surrounding Bose products. Bose, rightfully in my view, will point at their illustrious history in forging the way forward with omni-directional technology through to the Acoustimass HT kit. One reason why Bose is such an effective marketing machine is the combination of excellent spiel with a strong technology story. After all, when Bose first came out with Acoustimass, nobody else came close in terms of the big sound with the pocket size.

Bose has its place in the industry and it appeals to a huge portion of the market. I believe others are around with greater capabilities in similar packages. In my view, Bose has been caught up and overtaken by younger hungrier manufacturers chasing a similar market. Bose has lowered the price of their products but have also lowered the quality and this is where I believe they have gone wrong. They need to go back to their roots and supply high quality at each price point.

Since this becomes a quality issue, it's difficult to argue against the strong Bose story. Of course when you hear a Bose product against a contemporary similarly priced product that's when you can make the choice as to whether Bose delivers value for money.

Regards,
Frank. - not a Bose fan, in case you were wondering...!

Silver Member
Username: Sinkdrain

Post Number: 122
I found that article interesting. I first stumbled into this forum because I went to Best Buy to buy some Bose speakers and got cold feet when I realised I couldn't hear any detail...especially down low. I almost bought them thinking that maybe thats how better speakers sound. I went home a researched it on the net instead. Went back to Best Buy and bought Athenas. I'm very lucky I found this site first.

Silver Member
Username: Ca_convert

CardiffUK

Post Number: 115
fiddly,
did you really expect a different answer? Like "shucks pal tough cookie our mistake eh?"

Its a pretty standard customer service "la la la I'm not listening" response.

Harsh though it is, the painful lesson is once again listen before you buy.

fiddlyD
Unregistered guest
well i just tried to see what they would say...i was even more in shock that they replied.

fiddlyD

Silver Member
Username: Varney

BirminghamEngland, UK

Post Number: 330
I'm afraid this looks like a stock answer. To my eyes, it contains too much marketing buzz in there for my liking.

Even if it were, it says nothing about an enquiry which shows dissapointment. A more genuine letter might read:

Dear sir,
"We are very sorry to hear that you are dissapointed in our products.... " and perhaps go on to ask what the specific problems are you have been experiencing. This letter does not even begin to address your specific needs and problems.

Phoning the number to ask questions and possibly arrange a product demonstration also sounds like a portion of the letter intended for new customers, rather a referal to a complaints department. In my view, the entire response reads invalid.

Personally, I think it's a waste of time trying to complain about something you've already bought and does not exibit any signs of malfunction. If the speakers are bad, then you've got bad speakers. If BOSE cared, you'd be enjoying the dynamics of their speaker. It's as simple as that.

If perchance you emailed any other company, then you might find they'd respond in a very different manner. Then again, they might not respond at all. But to say:

" A consequence of success is often enduring harsh criticism from others. We understand that differing opinions about Bose products exist. This is common for all manufacturers of high end electronic equipment."

....is stupid and assumes you are stupid, too. A consequence of success is having a lot of satisfied customers. If the person who wrote this knew of any, they'd direct you to sites where favourable testimonals can be found. Perhaps they don't know of any?

It's interesting, but by no means a way to get any satisfaction, I'm sure you'll agree.

V

Bronze Member
Username: Gavincumm

Post Number: 29
I can't believe that Bose called themselves a high end audio company! That in itself is laughable!

jimvm
Unregistered guest
Quote in Bose reply:
"He or she will be very happy to answer any questions that you may have about Bose products . . ."

Here's an idea: Call the "Customer Focused Representative and ask the following question and see how happy he or she is to answer it:

"What are the audio specifications (frequency response, sensitivity, low frequency extension, etc.) for the (here enter any Bose model, e.g., 901, 301, Accoustimas 5, etc.)?

Their answer would be interesting. I have never seen any published audio specification for any Bose product. They apparently guard those figures like some national secret. Most likely because they're laughable.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
they will tell you that they do not publish specs because human ears are the most important judge of sound quality and not specifications. I have done this many times.

jimvm
Unregistered guest
Ya know, Gavin, that certainly sounds like something all Bose reps have been trained to say.

Silver Member

BirminghamEngland, UK

Post Number: 331
Hehe! Why don't you ask another high-end audio company if they've found that
"Harsh critisism is something they have to endure as a consequence of success".

Better still, ask your BOSE representative if they know of any outright negative documents about their high-end competitors.

V

Silver Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 328
Personally I'm less interested in the product specs simply because I've listened to too much kit that sounds like crap but which measures well!

Numbers are just a game. And it has to be accepted that Bose is a successful company, whether it's through good marketing or not. The bottom line is that they have grown successfully and dominate their market. Therefore it's easy to take pot shots at them and it becomes more difficult to support their larger organisation while maintaining volume output as well as quality.

Regards,
Frank.

jimvm
Unregistered guest
I accept that Bose is a successful company. Their success in recent years, however, has come about by bamboozling the masses into believing that by buying Bose, they're getting something they're not -- "high end electronic equipment."

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
Wilson Audio they are NOT!

Gavin

Silver Member

BirminghamEngland, UK

Post Number: 335
Frank,
I'm afraid I really don't see why volume output and successful growth should automatically lead to poor qaulity goods, but sadly one only has to take a look at Sony in order to support that presumption. The question is, whether these things can truly be linked or not. There are many large electronic corporations who seem to give a reasonable standard of build quality combined with value for money, where mediochre products suit the purpose of the general consumer. I think most people seem more concerned with how a product lasts than how it performs.

V
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us