NAD 762 frustration!

Bronze Member
Username: Srkstan

Kazakhstan

Post Number: 69
Ok--I love this receiver. I discussed the receiver many times on this forum before taking the plunge. It gives all that it promises, but I have one continual problem.

Once the receiver is turned off, it gets finicky and does not turn on again. I turn on the power button, get the orange light, but it will not respond to either remote or the buttons on the front of the receiver to put it in operational mode (green light). I had licked this problem by leaving the receiver on...a decent solution, but I still have one problem. I live in Kazakhstan, and there are frequent black outs. Thus, after a black out, I cannot get the thing to respond again. I usually unplug it, wait a while, plug it back in and try to turn it back on. Usually after doing this frequently for several days, it goes back on eventually, but it is a real pain in the a**. In Kazakhstan, there is no NAD service center, so I need to find a home-made solution. I contacted NAD, and they said to send it to Russia...if they only knew how difficult and probably futile that would be. We had a black out on Friday, and I have not been able to get it back on since (now Monday). It will probably work again, but it is frigging cold outside, and I want to watch some DVDs. Does anybody know what is wrong? Does anybody have any suggestions for solutions?

Sincerely,
Frustrated in Kazakhstan.

Bronze Member
Username: Diablo

Fylde Coast, England

Post Number: 12
My 753 goes into orange light mode if I allow my record deck autochanger to operate. It seems very sensitive to spikes.
Maybe the power supply in your area is a sufficiently flakey that just turning the machine on causes the mains to produce a spike? Thus instantly orange lighting it?
Do you use either a mains spike/surge/RF filter? I use one on mine even though the power is fairly clean.

Other than that, sounds like you will need to take an electronics repair course and buy yourself an oscilloscope and a soldering iron. :grin:

Good luck! :-)

Username: Konoyaro

San Francisco, CA United States

Post Number: 9
Not sure if this will help, but have you tried a hard reset yet? Also, as diablo suggests, having a surge/spike protector sounds ideal for your situation...

Bronze Member
Username: Srkstan

Kazakhstan

Post Number: 70
I have the receiver plugged into a surge protector, which is plugged into a step-down converter to hold the voltage at 110. What is the process for the hard reset? I may try that tonight. It still didn't go back into operational mode last night. I leave it unplugged, then occassionally I plug it in, turn on the power button, get the orange light, and try pressing the receiver's front buttons...that should put the green light on and make it operational again. At the moment, however, it is still in orange mode.

Username: Konoyaro

San Francisco, CA United States

Post Number: 10
Here's an edit of what was posted on an earlier thread:
Press the VIDEO and TONE DEFEAT buttons on the front panel simultaneously for about 5 seconds. Once the display changes, turn off the
power and unplug the power cord for a few minutes and then power it back up.
A note of caution, the reset will erase all stored settings in memory.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us