Pioneer 1014 vs. Denon 2105/885

Username: Coop519

Post Number: 1
Hello All,

I have finally narrowed down my receiver search to the Pioneer 1014 and Denon 2105/885. This is my first post and I must say I love the board and respect everyone's opinions. So here's my story...I am on a pretty tight budget overall, so this receiver is most likely going to be driving Fluance speakers (probably ES-1's for mains. The low cost of the other speakers in the setup will help me fall into budget). I have seen people rave on board after board about the Pioneer 1014 and it does seem to be a fantastic value. I am interested to see your views on this receiver up against a refurbished Denon 2105/885. Both would come to my doorstep with a one year warranty, the Denon costing about $60(US) more. Both have all of the features that I am looking for (all major decoding options, video upconversion, etc), though the Pioneer has the more powerful amplifier. I anticipate a 50/50 music to movie split. I have to admit, I am intrigued by many of the things I hear about the sound quality and accuracy from the Denon receivers, though the Pioneer seems to be the better value. I am very interested to hear your thoughts. Thanks.

Aldebaran
Unregistered guest
Hey There-
I have also been considering a Denon receiver. However, I have had a Pioneer VSX-502(they don't even make 'em anymore) for over 10 years, and I've never had even a minor problem. This has been one great receiver. Tough choice. If it helps, I've decided to hang onto my Pioneer another 2 years before considering a new receiver.

Aldebaran
Unregistered guest
Hey There-
I have also been considering a Denon receiver. However, I have had a Pioneer VSX-502(they don't even make 'em anymore) for over 10 years, and I've never had even a minor problem. This has been one great receiver. Tough choice. If it helps, I've decided to hang onto my Pioneer another 2 years before considering a new receiver.

Aldebaran
Unregistered guest
Hey There-

Username: Coop519

Post Number: 2
Thanks Ald...I appreciate the comments. That certainly does speek to the quality of the Pioneer offerings.

This is a tough choice...I'm not in a huge hurry, so I welcome any more opinions. Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Shokhead

Lakewood, CA USA

Post Number: 20
On my second Denon and never a problem I think the 2105 is the best value out there right now.$499 is what i've seen them going for. They are real close to the 2805,not much difference and they go for $899.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us