Polk Audio Monitor 70 Speakers

Freckles
Unregistered guest
Can I get some comments on these Polk speakers. I will be using them for music and will drive them with a harman/kardon AVR25II amp. My budget is no more than $1000.

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 281
Those speakers are Polk's budget line. I would not pay more than $400 for those speakers personally. If you like the Polk sound, I'd recommend the Rti8 speakers. I own these and they are excellent. I would not pay more than $600 for those either though.

I can give you more suggestions, but first let me ask you what you will use them for. Are they to fit into a surround set-up or are you buying strictly for 2 channel stereo sound. Also what type of music do you listen to, how much bass are you looking for, and how loud do you like it?

Freckles
Unregistered guest
Thanks for the response Kano. I am buying strictly for music, for the living room. The music I like is blues, non-heavy rock, folk, classic vocals; Sinatra, Billie Holiday, Dillon, U-2,Sting, Neil Young, etc. I like a good amount of bass but not booming or house shaking by any means.

Thanks for any suggestions. I am looking for quality and would be willing to spend a little more if I need to.

Thanks again!

Silver Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 283
One more question, do you already have a receiver? Which one is it, different speakers sound differently with different receivers.

Bronze Member
Username: Stealth_c

Dublin, CA USA

Post Number: 16
For a grand you can definately get a quality speaker, no need to spend more. The Axiom M60ti comes to mind as a fine contender in this price bracket.

Freckles
Unregistered guest
My receiver is a Harman/Kardon AVR25II.

Thanks for the advice!

Bronze Member
Username: Stealth_c

Dublin, CA USA

Post Number: 21
Klipsch wouldnt be a half bad choice with HK either.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us