PIONEER ELITE VSX 54/56 TX VS MARANTZ SR7500

Username: Ted6023

Houston, Tx. USA

Post Number: 1
MY SONY ESGX69 BLEW UP, I'M CONSIDERING REPLACING WITH EITHER OF THESE TWO ELITE AMPS OR THE NEW MARANTZ SR7500. I AM RUNNING PARADIGM SPEAKERS ALL AROUND, MONITOR 7'S IN THE FRONT, CC370 CENTER, TITANS REAR AND VELODYNE SUB. CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND WHICH OF THESE AMPS BEST COMPLIMENTS THESE SPEAKERS.......BEEN 12 YRS SINCE I BOT AN AMP, I'M LOST.

Bronze Member
Username: Dpriwin

Post Number: 34
STH, Paradigm speakers are described often as "laidback", and as such most people recommend pairing them with receivers which will not further enhance that quality. Elite and Marantz are somewhat warmer than what you want to run Paradigm with. Look to NAD, Rotel, Yamaha, even Denon Arcam is another superb brand that may do the trick. Ask the dealer if you can borrow the amp and try at home, or conversely if you can bring your speakers to test them in the store. In terms of cost, Yamaha and Denon will be at the lower end (depending on the model of course), while Arcam will probably be the most expensive.

Username: Eastblogger

Post Number: 1
Interesting, i want to write about this in my Car audio blog - http://sundries.blogspot.com/
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us