Yamaha Receiver Questions

adam76
Unregistered guest
I am building a home theater and was considering the Yamaha v550 or the 5750. Does anyone know which is better. Also I am looking into Klipsch Synergy speakers. Is this a good match or is there a better system for under $1400

anon 12
Unregistered guest
adam i would say that you will need a warmer sounding receiver for those speakers. i think you should look at the h/k avr-635 or a pioneer elite vsx-54tx or 56txi or a marantz sr-7500. i too am a yamaha fan and i know for a fact that those two will not sound right with each other. i am planning on getting the pioneer vsx1014tx-k at best buy or wait for the 1014's replacement called the vsx-1015tx-k. Pionner announced that it will be hitting the shelves around early to mid spring time. and the 1015 will have three component video inputs. as well as a new thx select call thx select 2.

Bronze Member
Username: Sause

Post Number: 28
Answering your first question they are the same, just a different face plate and the audio ratings are a little different. With the speakers, that dependes on which of the synergy line you were going to use and what you listen to. If you were going to use the Quintet the yamaha would be no problem for me but if you were going to use the larger book selfs the pioneer would be the right choice, the 5790( also know as the 1500) would be a better choice if the better DSP's and the ease of use of the yamahas are what brought you to them in the first place.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us