Denon AVR-3805 & DVD-2900 Component Interface Problem

Username: Rocky

Post Number: 4
I have component video output from my DVD-2900 patched to Component Input 1 of my AVR-3805. I also have the Component Output from the 3805 patched to one of the Component Inputs to my Mitsubishi WD-62725. When playing a DVD on the 2900 the video signal does not get to the WD-62725.

The AVR-3805 actually has two Component Inputs. Intuitively, one would think there is a switch to tell the 3805 which Component Input to route to its Component Output. Possibly I missed it in the manual.

Can someone help?
Rocky

Gold Member
Username: Myrantz

Post Number: 1272
TG

I can't help with the 3805 set-up but for the most direct connection why not run the component cables directly from the 2900 to display. I do this with my 2900 - great picture btw.

Username: Rocky

Post Number: 5
My Rantz,

Yes, that was the solution I used, and I do receive a beautiful picture. I was just courious why the 3805 wasn't passing the composite signal through. I suspect the amp has a sub-menu that enables the user to select the composite input (1 or 2) to be switched through to the only composite output of the amp.

Incidentally, six audio cables arrived today from Blue Jean, and have be put into place so that I can test the SACD capability of the 2900 and 3805. Unfortunately, the SACDs I ordered from Amazon (Yellow Brick Road & Alison Krauss & Union Station)haven't arrived. I am looking forward to that. I have heard multichannel audio at a specialty shop in Virginia Beach and it sounds great, so I am looking forward to adding that capability to my system.
Cheers,
Rocky

Gold Member
Username: Myrantz

Post Number: 1276
Rocky,

SACD and DVD-A are both handled wonderfully by the 2900. I have the GYBR SACD - sound is fairly good. Steely Dan's Gaucho is remarkable as are all the Steely Dan and Donald Fagan hi-res titles and my latest sacd, Matt Bianco's "Matt's Mood' has become my reference title - the sound is that good. Enjoy the 2900!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us