Question on Buying Dealer Demos -- HELP!

Username: Lisao

Post Number: 1
Thinking of jumping on some nice speakers which retail for about $1000 a pair for about $600. They are demos, still under warranty and said to be in as new condition. Used as demos for 3-4 months according to the dealer, which is several states away (in other words, I have to buy blind).

Thoughts? Advice? Good thing to do or BAAAAAD? This would allow me to get a far superior system than what I was thinking.....

Bronze Member
Username: Sgtpeper

Post Number: 43
I bought my MA S8s as "dealer demo" However my dealer does custom installs so my speakers had less than 10 hours of use on them. I did get the full warranty with them and they are in perfect condition. My advice would be to ask for some pictures or at least a guarantee as to the condition - and I would make sure the dealer is in fact a licensed dealer for the speaker company to ensure you get the full warranty. Also if you havent, go listen to the speakers at a local store to make sure they are even what you want.
I have no problem pesonally with demo or used gear as long as I know what Im buying - in fact come to think of it the only thing in my setup I bought new is my reciever and I still bought that for well under retail... Nothing wrong with saving a few dollars!
HTH

Silver Member
Username: Gman

Post Number: 174
Let us know the name of the speakers. It is possible some on this board may know where you can either get a better speaker or the same speaker for less. Have you listened to these speakers before?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us