Help on home speakers

Username: Johnnyfever78

Livingston , La Usa

Post Number: 2
in my bedroom i have a pioneer tuner. its an old analog tuner. my problem its 180watts. 90 per channel times 2. my speakers are partically blown. tweeters are actually torn around the edges. so what should i get to replace them. i cant find floor speakers anymore. would bookshelf speakers work??? i am glad i found this board

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2507
What do you mean you can't find floor speakers anymore? They still exist and in plentiful numbers. When was the last time you got out of your bedroom? JK:-)

What is your budget? Bookshelf speakers will work.

Your speakers are probably blown because of old age and not because of the wattage. It is best right now not to worry about those numbers. It will be easy to match up your old reliable with todays speakers.

Again, budget?

Livingston , La Usa

Post Number: 4
i use the stereo system only late at night and in the mornings. my budget is under 200.00. and you are right. they are dry rotted. woffers are fine. but mids and highs are blown. giving a slightly distorted sound. i have looked at circuit city and crutchfield. all i can find is towers or bookshelf speakers. cc told me i needed a sub with the towers. its 2 channel not 6!! so that want work..

Stealth C
Unregistered guest
A sub is do-able as long as it has inputs for plain speaker wire on the back, and a corresponding set out outputs which can then be hooked to your mains. For under 200 bucks I would suggest the (bookshelf) Cambridge Soundworks Model Six. You can pick it up for 99 bucks and even cheaper on ebay. It can go pretty low on its own (down to 40-50Hz or so) as long as it is placed next to a wall, but the price leaves room open to buy a cheap sub too.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2524
The sales rep is just trying to sell you more than what you need. A sub would be nice but not necessary with your listening habits.

Check out this company. The first place I'd go for budget speakers.

http://www.fluance.com/fldycothhisp.html

the AVF-3 should fill your needs.

Livingston , La Usa

Post Number: 5
i have the speakers bookmarked and they will be ordered as soon as my taxes come back!!! thanks!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us