Best Speaker for HK 430??

Username: Dchui

Calgary, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 1
I listened to 3 different speakers, which are
Infinity Primus 360
Polk Audio RTI 8
B&W 602 S3

They are about the same price and the B&W sounds better in the show room, which is driven by Rotel amp. I would like to ask if B&W will work well with HK 430? Are there any other good speaker anyone can recommend in this price range?

Username: Odt

Bangna, Bangkok Thailand

Post Number: 1
NHT SB3

Username: Classical

Los Angeles

Post Number: 8
A lot of it will depend on the type of listening. I have Polk RTis and they sound really great with most everything -- except choral. Not too sure yet why this is, but I would advise you to take a good listen to the midrange of each speaker brand. You may want to use a good piece of female choral music, even if you despise it, as the test material.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2422
Scruffy, have tried the Magnepans for your choral music?

Username: Classical

Los Angeles

Post Number: 9
You may also want to consider what some people consider to be the "fatigue" and "forgiveness" factors. When I compared the B&Ws to Paradigms, my first reaction was that the Paradigms sounded better, but listening more carefully using different types of music, I began to see where the B&Ws seemed to do a better job "forgiving" certain types of recordings. Same is true for the amount of time you spend listening. What sounds better for short term listening pleasure can easily get reversed in the long term. In general, "warmer" speakers, like the B&Ws, seem to produce less fatigue and are generally more "forgiving."

Calgary, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the input

Ok, i will check out the NHT SB bookshelf speaker. Need to find out where i can hear them.

My system is going to sit in my living room(15'x15') and is used 50/50 for movie and music. For music it is 70/30 between classical and pop. I am going to use Monster 12 Gauge wire to hook up the whole system. I don't really trust what i heard from the B&W showroom since they are using more hi-end amp and Cd player, and their showrooms
is well made for testing speakers. So, besides NHT, are there any speakers can work well with HK 430??

Silver Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 287
There's Klipsch.

Calgary, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 3
Just an update for this thread.

After reading so many reviews and also helps from all of you, I just ordered the Axiom Epic 60 package. I will spend a month to do direct comparison with the B&W 602 S3/LCR 600/601 S3 in my living room. Just hope that in the end i will be happy with the Axiom, otherwise i need to pay shipping to return them. >_<

Again, thanks for the help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us