Yamaha rxv1400 or Denon 2803 for my Paradigm Mini Monitors... Help

Username: Eddy13

Post Number: 1
Ok guys heres my situation. I just bought some Paradigm Mini Monitors as mains and cc370 center and atoms for surrounds. MY sub is a hsu stf2. Now my room is approximately 15x12 and I have 12 foot ceiling. My room sounds a little bright and echoey. I am trying to tone it down a bit though.
Basically I am lookign for a receiver to be Strong, Powerful,Very Detailed, and to have depth with music and movies. I have seen the denon 2803 at my local store and its on clearence for 548. Also the yamaha rxv1300 i might be able to get it for like 620. Which of these 2 receivers pairs up the best with my new paradigm speakers. This is a big buy for me so i want to make sure that i buy the best i can for my budget.

Post Number: 2
I meant the Yamaha rxv1400 not the 1300 sorry

Post Number: 6
guys i need your help as today i am buying me receiver. If you had the denon 2803 go ahead to head with the yamaha rxv1400 which one would win

sarandon
Unregistered guest
the yamaha would make a great sounding receiver with your speakers. I would also try the marantz sr-6400 or the onkyo tx-sr701. those two receivers should be in the same range as the yamaha. most people said the yamaha is bright and week. but IMHO it is not. to me yamaha is bright, detailed and accurate. but then again if you said if the room is bright and echoey, then try the other two receivers that i had mentioned. but you can try the rx-v1400's YPAO. if it is done correctly, you can make the yamaha sound less bright and a little again I SAID A LITTLE WARM.
but thats my opionion.

Post Number: 9
so how do you do the ypao right. I have heard from certain people that the ypao doe s agood job all the way around but sometimes it does a bad job with your mains. I heard it sets them up liek your rears so they tend to sound very low and muffed out. what is the correct way to do the ypao. How bout the denon 2803 you did not mention it any good.

Post Number: 10
well

Richard B
Unregistered guest
I have the Yamaha 1400 with DPLIIx. The automatic equalizer works good, and gives you a choice of midrange, neutral or high balance.
I also have Paradigms.
Yamaha has a very neutral-bright and powerful amp. It reveals the strengths and weaknesses of the source's recording mix/quality.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
how do you like the yamaha paired up with your paradigm. Do you think its a great match. Are you loving it or do you think there is a better receiver out there for yoru speakers

Username: Shawn_f

Post Number: 8
Eduardo,

I wouldn't pair a yamaha with Paradigm Studios if that helps. I hooked my Yamaha Rx-v630 up to my Paradigm Studio 60's and was in pain. There wasn't enough power (something you addresses by going to the Rx-v1400) and it was very thin and almost harsh. If you want everything to sound like an early Dylan album, go with the 1400. I have a Denon 3803 with my Studio's right now, and I am a bit unhappy, but not as bad as I would be using my Yamaha.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
so did you test your studios with the yamaha rxv1400. Did you use the ypao accoustic equalizer. The 1400 blows by the 630. It is less bright more on the neutral side and it sounds much more full from what i heard. Does anyone hear have a yamaha paired with paradigm speakers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us