7.1 Receiver Suggestions

Unregistered guest
I have Sony SA-VE367 7.1 Speaker System. I would like to buy a 7.1 Receiver for this. I had a chance to take a look at Sony 7.1 receivers, but seems they doesnt have optical inputs from DVD. My budget is limited(not more than $500). Please suggest optimal receiver. Thanks in advance

Username: Batmike98

Post Number: 1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Balaji,
I use to have Yamaha but recently upgraded to an Pioneer Elite VSX-55TXi. Best thing i ever did in 2004.

With budget involved, check out Elite VSX-52TX .. this is 110x7 with optical outputs. if you search through the net, you should be able to locate one with your price range. I am not sure if we're allowed to post web addresses here, so just to be on the safe side i am not posting one. It will be $500-$550 range, but it use to retail for $1000.. I know this can go 50 dollars over your budget, but it's worth the buck!!! you can never go wrong with an Elite receive for this pricing.

hope this information.
goodluck!

PLAN B
Unregistered guest
For $289, you could get the Kenwood VR-8070 from http://www.digital1234.com You can get the specs and photos on www.crutchfield.com (They sell it for $399 though). It has pretty much everything you want and is THX Select certified. That will save you a couple hundred to spend on something else.

Bronze Member
Username: Dloweman

Post Number: 60
What about something like the Yamaha rxv650 or 750. They are roughly 4-500 and a decent receiver. Also denon avr1905 and avr2105 are good too. I think I would have to recommend the elite as well, although you should check out the others from yamaha and denon.

Ben Reeves
Unregistered guest
Cheap option: http://www.disking.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=45847003&osCsid=625be1b420 8fb1f128ca285d9247eeef

Username: Thekid695

Post Number: 1
I HAVE A KENWOOD VR 806-S AND LOVE IT. I AM ALTHOUGH HAVING A LITTLE TROUBLE. I AM NOT ABLE TO GET THE SURROUND SOUND TO WORK WITH THE T.V.I AM ABLE TO GET IT WITH THE DVD PLAYER. I AM ALSO HAVING TROUBLE WITH GETTING UP TH DOLBY DIGITAL TO WORK TOO. I HAVE A 7.1 SYSTEM. ANYONE THAT CAN HELP ME PLEASE FEEL FREE.

Bronze Member
Username: Sause

Post Number: 20
If you are going to listen to movies then I suggest a Yamaha RX-V 650 or HTR-5760 (same thing, face plate is different). by the way, you can switch the digital inputs on most sony receivers. Little known fact, digital co-ax is the better choice, all opitical is doing is converting the electical signal from the coax to light and then converting that back to eletrical. Two step not needed.

jdsmoooth
Unregistered guest
Pioneer VSX-1014TX... Best sub $500 receiver currently on the market. I spent around $800 on a sony DA50ES in 2001 and the Pioneer smokes this one. Plenty of power never a crack on my Klipsch KLF 30 speakers. Movies sound great and the auto set up is a sinch. I also enjoy the audio I get from this little bad boy. I listen to everything from Tom Jones to Jay Z, Jazz and classical. Fine job with all of them. I paid $440 (retail $500) from a local retailer that has serviced me and my friends for the last 5 years. The reason I say to buy from a good local retailer is this... I have had a few problems with my equipment over the years and they have always been helpful. I have never paid a repair bill and I always knew these were people I can trust. All I'm saying is when purchasing this type of equipment I would hate to see what would happen if I saved 70-80 dollars just to get the shaft when I needed some help.

Username: Svendehot

Kalamazoo, MI USA

Post Number: 4
Go with the H/K 335 from www.jr.com!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us