Which receiver can bring out the most details? HK, Onkyo, or Denon?

Unregistered guest
Please give me your comments on which receiver can bring out the most details of the music and movies? I am only interested in Harman Kardon, Onkyo, and Denon because those are the brands that I can find around where I live (not interested in Yamaha, Sony, Panasonic, Pioneer)
Thanks.

Username: Canuckinapickle

TorontoCanada

Post Number: 3
Out of your selection probably the Denon but audition an HK too. The best comparison would probably be between Denon and NAD though -- since you say music is important to you don't rule NAD out as thats largely what they're built upon. Denon makes some nice receivers too. I almost bought one recently but went the NAD route instead as I felt it had more 'musicality'.

Iain.

Bronze Member
Username: Dloweman

Post Number: 37
I have to agree, the denon is the most detailed receiver out of the ones that you have listed there.

Silver Member
Username: Bleustar

Pensacola, Florida

Post Number: 216
A broad statement like DENON being more detailed than HK is not acurate without knowing which models you are speaking of. The lower end DENON models are frankly not very good at producing details. So you may want to give us a little more info as to which models you are interested in.

Unregistered guest
Let's narrow down. Which Denon model provides more details than HK AVR 630? I have a set of JBL speakers (2 E60 for the front, EC25 for center, and 2 E30 for surround). The last Denon model I had was AVR 1802.

Unregistered guest
Let's narrow down. Which Denon model provides more details than HK AVR 630? I have a set of JBL speakers (2 E60 for the front, EC25 for center, 2 E30 for surround, and a subwoofer E250). The last Denon model I had was AVR 1802.

Bronze Member
Username: Buckcrazy

Post Number: 78
IMHO Nad T763 (or T773 even better) the best Now i also compared the Denon 3805 and 2805 but like all Japanese Units the power rating is exaggerated.in real world when you drive all channels it drops down into 50-60 WPC.Now Harman kardon HK635/630 is also great for movies DSP is superb if you are looking for musical reciver on a budget then Nothing better than PIoneer Elite 54. Just for reference the price piont in this comparison was 1000-1100 usd or letus just say 1500 cad now the NAD goes over that in quality as well as price.

Bronze Member
Username: Xsound

Myrtle Beach, SC United States

Post Number: 14
I ordered the Pioneer vsx-54tx on line, UPS says to be delivered today. Total cost (with 2 year warranty intact) less than $700 delivered.

I looked at the Denon 2805, Yamaha rx-v2500, and the Pioneer vsx-54tx. Had I been able to go to $1,000 I would have gone with the VSX-56txi, it was my first choice. The yamaha was my second choice, until I got this deal on the 54. The denon was a very close 3rd.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us