Nad T773

ROSIE
Unregistered guest
The Nad T773 sounds awesome with Paradigm M7's. The only thing i don't like is its BUTT UGLY LOOKS. When spending $2000. I would hope to find a receiver that sounds as good but is nice to look at as well. I like the looks of ONKYO, PIONEER, DENNON, even the YAMAHA look more appealing. In the 1500. to 2000. is there anything out there other than Nad that will sound as good and have the good looks as the Pioneer, and Onkyo have. I even like the looks of the Yamaha better than Nad, and Yamaha is not a good looker. I know what you are thinking! Don't buy for looks buy for sound Quality. I want the sound Quality of the Nad T773 and the looks that some other brands have. Is this possible???

Username: Dmeister

Post Number: 10
If you only need a receiver with a 5.1 amplifier, Rotel gear is also highly regarded in the NAD price range, and come with striking silver and black chassis. Though, personally, I like the "pro audio" look of the NAD gear.

DAN CONNER
Unregistered guest
Me likey the way the 773 looks. Simple elegance.

Daniel Benatar
Unregistered guest
Hi all,

I have just posted that I just got my NAD T773 Receiver with the Snell speakers, connected the system, and it run without any issue. The sound is graet, clean and I feel that it is coming arround like gentle and soft blanket. No issues at all, and the only thing I can say is NAD and Snell - well done!! No humm, and no any bugs. I love my NAD T773 with the Sneall speakers, and will not exchange it with any other receiver!! If you need any further info, please let me know, and I will be glad to help.

Daniel

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Post Number: 218
Daniel:

I have not found a Snell dealer anywhere near me. Can you tell me where you got your Snells?

Daniel Benatar
Unregistered guest
Hawk,

I got my Snell speakers from New York ABC store canal st 31. Hope this will help you. BTW, I had to visit NY just for this... but every $ of this trip and the system is worth it!

Take care, Daniel

Silver Member

Post Number: 230
Daniel:

Congrats on a great system.

Sam Of Chicago
Unregistered guest
Hawk,

Visit http://www.snellacoustics.com/ for Snell site and dealers.

Rosie
Unregistered guest
That T773 is one brute of a receiver. It may start to grow on me. Made My Paradigm's Monitor 7's sing! Exceptional Receiver!!! The T763 also did the trick. Thanks for the advice Hawk. Now I need to do is decide. $2400. Canadian for the T773 and $1700. for the T763. Hey Hawk, you said your from Colorado? I lived in Longmont for 5 years. Also what about that RXZ-1 or the Yamaha rxv3300. Are they a little on the bright side. I can buy the 3300 for under $1400. Canadian.

Bronze Member
Username: Buckeyeshine

Post Number: 20
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I personally like the look of the NAD recievers. Clean and distinct. Keep in mind they're a British company versus Japnese so you can expect them to look "different".

The other thing I never thoguht of which I thought was great with my T773 was the manual. Great to read a manual in English written by English instead of translated from another languge.

And of course...THE SOUND! I couldn't be happier in my short relationship with her so far.

Username: Gatt767

Post Number: 7
I agree with you people, NAD gear looks very high end, simple and clean. I have a T762 and I am considering of buying a T773 but I Know that I can get the same peformance by adding a NAD stereo power AMP, which basically will come the same as a T773!
My T762 sounds fab, after auditioning several receivers, Marantz, pioneer and Sony, I decided to go for the NAD

Silver Member

Post Number: 256
Rosie:

I got my 753 yesterday and even it is a "brute!" It weighs 45 lbs. (and feels heavier). But the sound is just so awesome! I really think you can safely go with the 763 and not miss a thing with the Monitor 7s. In fact, as efficient as those speakers are, if money is an issue, I would strongly recommend trying the T753. The Monitor 7 have an effciency of 91 db, so they don't need a ton of power to driven them and I am finding the 753 has an incredible amount of power--far more power than I imagined. NAD and Paradigm is just such an awesome combo.

Now, the Yamaha RX-Z1 sounds close to the NAD, but the 3300 is a real step down, IMO. The way these Japanese audio companies are organized is that they have a division that makes receivers and then there is a group that gets to make a no holds barred product for bragging rights. That would be the RX-Z1. It is much warmer and smoother sounding than the 3300--the Z1 never had that problem with brightness that afflicted the lower models. I wouldn't even consider the 3300 if I were you. You have heard the NADs with your Paradigms and you are now spoiled--the 3300 just will not deliver such a perfect signal for your Paradigms. It just isn't in the same league, sonically. Here in Colorado (I am in Highlands Ranch, south of Denver and about 1000' higher, too), the Yamaha RX-Z1 is $1K US more than the NAD T773, so it is a bit much for my budget!

My biggest problem with the Z1 is that it is too busy and complicated. Being the no holds barred product, they have hung every imaginable gadget and gimmick, none of which I expect I would ever use (I never used the ones I had on my Denon 3803). First time I listened to a DVD through an RX-Z1, it got stuck in "Stadium" sound format and neither the salesman nor I could get it out of that sound format. Believe me, "Ronin" does not sound good in Stadium! Eventually, he had to reset the whole receiver to the default values. I wouldn't want the hassle.

Rosie
Unregistered guest
Thanks alot for your info Hawk! The Nad is a awesome choice for my paradigms for sure. Is the T762 the same as the T763? I can Buy the T762 for 1300 Canadian or 1000 US. T673 sells for $1800. canadain. Another Question: I will be shopping for new rear speakers, what would you buy for 500 or under U.S. I can buy another set of Paradigm M7's, A demo set for 500 canadaian.
Would they go well, or should I go with bookshelfs. I Listen to 70% CD music and 25% DVD movie. I want the T773!!!!. I will have to SAVE!!! What is one step up from my M7s? I could always use them for rear speakers? what would you do. I'm new at this. You can make believe you are spending my money.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us