Mirage Omnisats or Energy Act6?

Username: Toca

Post Number: 1
Since I'm coming from an older, Sansui a700 system (my wifes), I'm quite a novice when it comes to the selection of speakers/receivers, so I'm hoping someone can provide guidance with selecting a new system. Music is more important than television at this point, probably in the 60% /40% range.
I have an 18x12 room open on three sides. One side is 7' wide and opens to a larger room. Acoustically, not ideal especially with the 36" Sony in the corner.

Since I need small sized speakers, I'm looking at either Mirage Omnisats (can get them for $200 per) w/ a HSU STF-1 or 2 and a Marantz SR5500 receiver. This puts me in the $1800 range and I'll still need wire/stands.
The other option is a Energy Act6 system with the same receiver. I can get into this with stands, monster wire and Monster HT Powercenter for $1700.

I have listened to both but in different size rooms and setups. Both sounded nice and I was actually surprised how well the Act6 system sounded. Just wondering if anyone has any comments, thoughts or suggestions. Thanks much!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us