New to Board - Receiver and speaker options/pricing

Username: Ofile

Post Number: 1
Hi Guys. Just joined the board and need advice.

I have blown a speaker which has given me an excuse to buy better speakers. I figured that I would upgrade my receiver from prologic technology while I was at it.

I have received quotes on a Denon AVR1705 for $499 (HK 235 for $899)and Tannoy 5.1 speakers for $699 (add $100 for additional centre).

I have the option of Athena 6.1 speaker set for $699.

I am trying to keep the total package under $1,300 Cdn and I am wondering if I am getting hosed. Currently I am leaning towards the Denon and Athena package.

Thanks in advance. If anyone has any comments or can suggest alternatives they would be appreciated.

O

Silver Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 237
I'm in Canada as well, the HK 230 can be had at Furure shop for $300, the differences in the newer version do not constitute $600 or anything close to it. Also a friend just recently purchased the Athena .5 speaker set (5 speakers and 8" sub) for $500 from Future Shop. I'd recommend both and at $800 it's a system hard to beat in Canada with the mark-up.

Username: Habdul

Post Number: 1
Hi, Kano

Do you have any additional info regarding the HK 230 at Future Shop? I checked online and could not find it at that price. I live in Vancouver and would pick it up at $300.

Thanks.

Username: Ofile

Post Number: 2
Thanks Kano. Are you sure its the 230 for that price and not the 130?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us