SACD and Receiver Trouble

Ashton
Unregistered guest
So I've got an old Kenwood receiver from a couple of years ago, and the problem is that it doesn't have the 5.1 RCA inputs in the back. No individual Front-Right, Front-Left inputs, just the ol' Right and Left inputs. It's got an optical connection, but for playing DVD-Audio or SACD, only analogue connections will give me the multi-channel mixing I want to hear. I have a DVD-A / SACD playing DVD player.

My question is, is there ANY way for me to get the full on 5.1 analogue inputs from my SACD player to somehow work with my non 5.1 RCA input receiver? Are there converters or anything that deal with this problem? Because I'd much rather just find something like that as opposed to having to upgrade my receiver so that it has those 6 analogue inputs in the back.

Any ideas?

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest

No upgrades without buying the whole shooting match. You can buy a couple extra amplifiers and try to run those with the volume balanced with your receiver. But that's more expensive than a new receiver and more trouble. Anything you do short of buying a new unit will be more complicated and may not give the sound you want. You can always run the SACD in stereo only for now.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us