Linn Classik

Chris Wilde
Unregistered guest
Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone here has had the chance to audition the Linn classik?

Looks like a nice little unit.. at about £900.

Is it the equal of a £400 CD player and £400 amp?
Or rather - is the price for style and convenience? I'm a student so a compact unit appeals - constant moves and only a bedroom to house it.

any thoughts?

Thanks fellas!

Chris Wilde
Unregistered guest
Nobody got one? wow. I listened to one today. .very impressed

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 606
It sounds pretty good - if you want a small system - it probably is the best sound available now for a mini system.

However, if space is no concern, you can get better sound by going with big separates.

Anonymous

While I haven't listened to the classik, I know that Linn products are highly respected amongst hifi enthusiasts. What HIfi? said that the classik had 'true separates perfomance'. If this is the case, it sounds like a compact, good value system since you won't have to buy a tuner or stereo interconnect.

If you wanted to compare the classik to similarly priced separates, look at the Arcam CD73T with the Roksan Kandy MkIII. Also if you want an even cheaper system look at the denon DM31 with a good small subwoofer, I got one for my girlfriend and found the sound quite nice (didn't have a sub though).

Odyssey kid
Unregistered guest
I had the opportunity to hear it at length at a local hifi store .It is certainly worth every penny.Select quality book self speakers and you have a system that will compete and perform better than most seperates will ever do for more than twice what is spent on the Linn.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us