Conversions with Home Audio on Sub. Help!

Username: Eternaltrancex2

Post Number: 1
I have a slight problem. My stereo have one connection for a subwoofer. It's black female RCA connection. The subwoofer I have uses the red and black speaker wire connections. How do I hook these up?

Bronze Member
Username: Unicronwmd

Post Number: 77
Either one single RCA cable from the black RCA jack on the receiver to either one of the inputs on the sub. Or you can get a Y connector to hook the single RCA cable to both of the RCA jacks on the sub.

Post Number: 2
The Sub I have uses wire connections, not RCA.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
Sorry man, I think faster then I read:-)

Ok, connect 2 speaker wires to the receiver's main speaker out-puts and have them hooked up to the sub's speaker wire in-puts. Then take 2 speaker wires connect them to the sub's speaker wire out-puts and hook them up to your main speakers.

Hope that helps.

Post Number: 3
Well I tried that with my Sub but my Sub does normal sound too now. But im not using that sub. Im using a sub that only has 2 wire connections for input only. I have no output connections to send the sound to my main speakers.
Is there a way to take a RCA plug a splice it to make connections for red/black?

Post Number: 4
Getting hard aint it? =\

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
No you can't use the RCAs because it sounds like your sub isn't powered. I say if you really need to use THIS sub. Connect it to the B channel speaker connections on your receiver. So the front speakers would be on the A and the sub would be on the B channel.

Post Number: 5
Now im really lost

cmsach
Unregistered guest
I have a similar problem. I want to replace the speakers on my cheap disk changer which has traditional 2 black/2 red speaker wires, by channeling it into my surround sound. I know I will only get sound from the two front L/R channels but I really want to replace the big old speakers. How do I switch from the 4 red/black wires to either rca or 1/8" adapters? Thanks

Unregistered guest
want to use a passive x-over for 12 sub in home to get more bass think it will work

ken.j.white
Unregistered guest
Ok here is the correct answer, go to radio shack buy a RCA to script wire cable they come in 24' and 12' 2.99 and 6.99 ... Plug the RCA end in your amp and the wires to your speaker
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us