Yammy RXV750 and what speakers?

Username: Kjrice

Post Number: 1
Any suggestions on a surround setup? I am thinking about a SVS sub. I would like to keep the front/sats/center around $1500 or less.

Gold Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 1041
Look at Paradigm. Their are several very good speakers in their Performance and Monitor lines that will fit easily into your budget. For $1500 you can get the Monitor7,cc370 and many different options for surrounds. You could even put togther a nice system of bookshelf speakers and afford one of their PDR subs. They have a very good website, don't remember the address offhand but can be found on any search engine. Paradigm's have always been the best match with Yamaha that I have heard.

Post Number: 2
Well I just ordered the SVS PB10-ISD sub and will check out the Paradigm speakers this week.

Post Number: 4
I went and listened to the Paradigm speakers. The Monitor9 was okay, but the Studio40 was better.
Then I listened to the Studio60 and really liked it! So much for my $1500 budget. In addition, I was really impressed with a Rotel/B&W combo. Now that my budget has jumped. Any other Yammy suggestions? BTW - I can get a pair of Studio60's for $1200. Is that a good deal?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1049
The newest version of the 60[v3] lists for $1699. Which version are you being quoted, the v2 or v3? I urge you to see if you can do a A-B comparison between the Monitor 7 and the Studio 60 and see if you think the 60 is worth twice the money. I didn't think so last time I did this but it was with the v2 version of both speakers. The Studio 60 is a heck of an expensive speaker to drive with a budget receiver. If you have the money by all means buy what you like best.

Post Number: 7
It was a v3. They did not have the Monitor7 available and only the Monitor9. Is the 7 that much different than the 9? I could get the Monitor9 for around $700. Also, I can get the Studio40 for about $950. My problem is my viewing area is about 28'l x 19'w x 10'h and mostly tile floor. I am afraid anything not big enough will not work. In addition, it connects to the kitchen (almost the same size) and the general house design is open and airy. I can always get another receiver and remembered that I may have a Marantz connection for a great discount. I am open to suggestions and appreciate your input!

Post Number: 9
How would you rate the Studio60 to a similar Polk LSi speaker?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1050
I have never had any experience with a floorstander on a tile floor and offhand that sounds like it might be a bit of a problem. I think the Studio 40 would work just fine in your case. It is a rather large bookshelf that should be able to fill your space. I like Marantz very much but would not pair it with Paradigm. Maybe a good compromise would be the Yamaha 1500 and the Studio 40's. If anyone has had experience with speakers and tile floors please join this conversation.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us