Need suggestion

Username: Muzik2921

Post Number: 1
Hi,

I'm planning to upgrade my old denon receiver. I'm looking for an A/V receiver that has at least 6.1 capabilities and my budget is around $1200. Could anyone give some advices of what receiver should I get?

Thanks!

Don
Unregistered guest
Too many choices to go with Padi. Could you shrink the option pool for us?

What brands do you like?
What speakers do you have?
Do you prefer warm or bright sound?
How large is your listening room?
Do you want the receiver for Home Theater, Music, a % of both?

Answer the above as best as you can and this forum should level your choices to one to three options.

Username: Muzik2921

Post Number: 2
I'm thinking Marantz SR7400, Denon 3803 or Nad T763. I current have NHT 2.5is for my front, AC-2 for my center, and 1.5s for my rear. I use most of the time for HT and sometimes music too. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 223
The NAD T763 would be great with the NHTs. I heard this combo and it sounded phenomenal

cheers

Don
Unregistered guest
NHT's are fairly neutral sounding so any receiver would work. I would lean towards the Marantz myself, with the NAD a close second.

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Post Number: 200
I have heard the NHTs with both the Marantz and the NAD. I would endorse both as a great choice, but the Denon would be a poor third. The NAD is more dynamic, so it may be a slightly better choice for someone whose listening is so weighted toward HT, but it would be really close . . . . Six of one, half a dozen of another, as they say.

Nice speakers, BTW.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us