Curtis Home Theatre System

Anonymous

Purchased a cheap Curtis system with DVD. Set it up and had it working, all speakers and DVD. Then I was playing around in SETUP and changed the video output from S-Video to the Y PR PB setting. Now I cannot again enter SETUP to correct and therefore cannot see the DVD's. Is there anyway to get back into the SETUP menus?

Unregistered guest
http://www.curtisint.com/support/troubleShooting.asp

DVD Players
Model Number Problems & Solutions
DVD1055 Q: The screen is blank !
To reset the video output on your DVD, follow these instruction. Remove any DVD's from the unit. Turn the unit off, wait 10 seconds and then turn it on again. Using the remote, press SETUP, then the RIGHT ARROW button 3 times. Press Enter. Then press the DOWN ARROW button 2 times. Then press Enter.

DVD1056 Q: All I see are vertical lines!
This happens when the unit is in the wrong mode (I.e. NTSC or PAL). To correct this, press the SETUP button, then press the Down Arrow Button 7 times, then press the Right Arrow button 1 time and then press ENTER. This should reset your video.

DVD5036 Q: The Screen is blank!
To reset the video output on your DVD, follow these instruction. Remove any DVD's from the unit. Turn the unit off, wait 10 seconds and then turn it on again. Using the remote, press SETUP, then the RIGHT ARROW button 3 times. Then the DOWN ARROW button. Then press Enter.

DVD5038 Q: The Screen is blank!
To reset the video output on your DVD, follow these instruction. Remove any DVD's from the unit. Turn the unit off, wait 10 seconds and then turn it on again. Using the remote, press SETUP, then the RIGHT ARROW button 3 times. Then the DOWN ARROW button. Then press Enter.

DVD6040 Q: The screen is blank!
To reset the video output on your DVD, follow these instruction. Remove any DVD's from the unit. Turn the unit off, wait 10 seconds and then turn it on again. Using the remote, press SETUP, then the RIGHT ARROW button 4 times. Then press ENTER. Then the DOWN ARROW button 2 times. Then press Enter.

fixed me up

Unregistered guest
HELP! I just got the Curtis DVD home theatre system ... the L and R surround speakers are working (did the Pink Noise test) but there's only white noise when I play a DVD. Am I missing something in the audio set up? I've gone through it several times. ugh!

Unregistered guest
I bought a Curtis 5036 DVD + home theatre system last year (Dec 28, 03) from Loblaws. The unit ran beautuifully for slightly over a year, but suddenly, it has refused to read discs. I even cleaned the lens with a cleaner, but still the message I get is '"Loading disc" for several seconds, and then "no disc" after that. I use my player very gently and keep it covered from dust in a cabinet. I also keep all my DVDs and CDs very clean. Could you pls troubleshoot the problem and advise as I don't want to throw this away and buy another one of some other brand. I have referred Curtis to several friends, but now I am feeling dissatisfied myself.

Unregistered guest
Have a Curtis 1056A DVD player with no remote & I can't seem to find a universal that will work; any suggestions?

Unregistered guest
Have a Curtis 1056A DVD player with no remote & I can't seem to find a universal that will work; any suggestions?

DSM
Unregistered guest
The Remote for my DVD 1056A got drenched, and I haven't found a universal that works either. I'm going to email their customer service right after I post this, a replacement will probably be expensive, but it does get annoying having to watch movies with subtitles, and having to stand there hitting stop then play until it decides to get past the menu.

sdfsdf
Unregistered guest
we bought the dvd player and i burned a videos on a cd-rw music works but the videos do not can anyone help me

PLEASE

Anonymous

CURTIS DVD PLAYER IS A HOAX:

I purchased a Curtis DVD player that came with a surround sound sysytem and thought i was getting the buy of my life. I was wrong.This system was working fine for me for about 3 months, Now only one speaker works.(I took good care of it too) The speakers wont workand on the occasion when they do they're fuzzy. You know what i think of Curtis, now suite yourself when you buy a surround sound package.

Unregistered guest
I have the same problem as mentioned above where my Curtis 5036 DVD and home theatre will not recognize any disks. Has anyone found a solution????????

kate
Unregistered guest
I have that same problem where my screen is blank. I was playing a DVD and the color was off. In trying to fix that, I think I pressed 'TV mode' or something. I'm glad I found this forum...but I'm afraid that I'll never get it back after pressing every single button last night to get the screen back! If anyone can help...please do!!

featherstitch
Unregistered guest
I have the Curtis 5038 home theater system.
Trouble with blank screen, even tried the reset as mentioned below. Still no luck, any suggestions
Thanks

DVD5038 Q: The Screen is blank!

Unregistered guest
I bought a DVD 5038 in Nov 2003,, Just opened the box(it was a gift for grandchild & forgot I had it), hooked it up and the DVD/CD player won't open ... I have tried everything but prying it open(don't want to do that).. Does anyone have any suggestions...

Unregistered guest
I just purchased a Curtis Surround Sound System, hooked it up and it did work. Started setting all the buttons and hit the AUX 1 button. Cannot reset the system now to reprogram. All we get now is the AUX 1 screen

Unregistered guest
I've had a DVD5038 now for just over a year and the darn player keeps hesitating when playing dvd's. Audio CD's are fine, but the DVD's are just horrendous. The loader/player is a Shinwa SHD-2502 and I was wondering if anyone knows of a replacement that can be used in this unit; preferrably one that is reasonably priced. Curtis wants $35Cdn for a replacement reader, but it's the same model, so I'm not sure I want to fork out the money on something that's just going to die again in 15 months.

Anonymous

Left and Right speakers dont work, sub woofer doesnt work, was just working, dont think anything changed. LS RS and center work. double checked connection and used the test in the menu, switched speakers that are working to the Left but no test tone during test after that either.. Any have a clue how to get my speakers working again? sound setup is set to 5.1 if I set it to stereo then no sound at all

UHMM UHH!!
Unregistered guest
ANYONE WITH A CURTIS SYSTEM AS YOU READ ABOVE REALIZE IT'S A PIECE OF GARBAGE!
DON'T BOTHER TO TRY AND FIX IT! THROW IT AWAY AND GET SOMETHING WITH A BRAND NAME!

yOU ARE ALL ASKING THE SAME QUESTIONS WITH NO ANSWERS BECAUSE THERE ARE NONE!
IF YOU GET IT GOING IT WILL BREAK, SO GO GET SOMETHING ELSE!

IF YOU READ ALL THE ABOVE POSTS THERE IS NO OTHER CONCLUSION THEN IT'S NOT GOOD AND
IT WON'T LAST AND IT WILL BREAK! DON'T NEED ANY TECHNICAL ADVICE TO FIGURE THAT OUT!

Unregistered guest
uhmm uhh...I have a daewoo player with the same shinwa 2502 loader/player, and it's shot as well, and of course I'd like to fix it. Is my player junk too, or is it worth fixing?

Hmmm? (:+)

garbage collector
Unregistered guest
Curtis should be ashamed of themselves this unit is &^(&*^&&&^$% and that aint no lie.

I have tried to reset the screen using the blind setup right arrow 3x and down then enter... nothing -
I wonder how many times I will blindly, feeling like a fool press setup right arrow 3x and then down arrow, I'll tell ya this if I had any other way to hook up my xbox sound right now (wich is only working in a few speakers) I would throw this unit in the closest garbage can and thats to good for it. I should ship it to curtis with &^%$ you note on it.

jaguar
Unregistered guest
Do they even have an e-mail address or phone so we can REALLY express our feelings about their absolute poor quality, rip-off, ha ha we are laughing in your face and spitting on you while we take your money DVD players!!!

ernieweweew
Unregistered guest
i have a dvd 6040 and i have nvr had a problem with it. the unit is about 8 months old. it has so far to dat played any dvd i have tossed at it, including backed up ones. but, i do have a couple of others in other rooms (a couple of pioneers, a portable, and 3 dvd burners in my pc's / laptop , so i guess in the event that something may go wrong wit it, so be it i have lots of bck ups ... hehe

Unregistered guest
ARGGGG! This player is a piece of crap. It has NEVER worked for me, but how lucky am I... I bought it on sale so no returns/exchanges. Ever since I took it out of the box it refuses to play DVD's. I mean it plays them, but it skips every 2 seconds! I rented Troy and it actually refused to play about ten scenes right in the center of the movie! Audio CD's are fine, but this just plain SUCKS.

Unregistered guest
hi i did the instructions for reset my curtis 5038 i did all two times and nothing please help

Whitney
Unregistered guest
I have a curtis dvd player and it has worked fine for a year and a half, actually, i've loved it more than my parents' one. It plays everything and it's been the best. Except now, out of the blue the remote won't work and there is no universal one to replace it because curtis dvd players have no code for universals. anyone know how to contact the company?

Username: Happyagain

Post Number: 1
For those with the curtis dvd 5038 that got messed up. Iwas in the same boat. Itried the posted fix but it didn't work. I just kept pushing the arrow buttons (all of em) and the enter button in no particular order and bam I got back in. I was using the RCA outputs but hooked up the Svideo cable to get things going. One thing you might try that SHOULD work is this:
1. remove dvd and shut off
2.wait about 10 seconds and power up again
3. press setup, right arrow 3 times,down arrow 5 times, enter, enter.(yes press enter twice, not a typo) This resets to factory settings. If that doesn't work shut off and repeat except instead of 5 times down try 6. Good luck and let me know how ya make out.

Osk
Unregistered guest
I have the same problem as Whitney but I was able to find a universal remote but only works partially, meaning functions of the buttons are all over and was not designated in the remote as such. I would like to go to the setup but that can only be done thru the remote (how stupid can that be, I want change the output to Progressive but I can't do it ). Anyways the Universal is Jensen, code is 0664.

Unregistered guest
one of my freinds was messing around with my dvd5038 theater system and they were in the setup menu and messed with the tv mode and pushed p-scan wich means progressive scan and now all i get is a blue screen i need to know how to put it back on the right mode wich is interlace but i cant see what im doing i need step by step

Sideburn
Unregistered guest
I had a DVD6040 model and during DVD play it would start pausing on frames for 3 to 10 seconds and then it would jump frames ahead and start playing again, and it would do it randomly for the duration of the movie.

I eventually even-exchanged it for another DVD6040 and it has the same problem! The hotter it gets the worse it becomes, at its hottest point it will just not play DVDs.

Same problem, both units, right out of the box.

I don't want to exchange it for another DVD6040 because I don't trust it after having two with the same problems, nor do I want store credit to put $200 more into a store I don't like, The Brick.

It's been 10 months for DVD6040 #2, yes I know, and the fight for my money back will draw blood.

Unregistered guest
ok first of all you should get it right if your here to post !! for the unit dvd5038 here are the steps to fix the video problem (this works ive tried it over and over so you wont mess up
1. turn system off wait ten seconds
2. Turn system back on wait about 5 seconds
3. press setup button once
4. press right arrow three times slowly
5. press the down button 6 times slowly
6. press the enter button two times slowly
Enjoy your movies again :D any questions message me Coreyla_pointe@hotmail.com

Anonymous

i was thinking about buying one of those curtis hoem theater dvd players. because they are so cheap for my parents and my husbands parents but since it is an off name i looked it up on the comp to see if i could see anything about them and i got this website thanks for the advice.

Anonymous

i was thinking about buying one of those curtis hoem theater dvd players. because they are so cheap for my parents and my husbands parents but since it is an off name i looked it up on the comp to see if i could see anything about them and i got this website thanks for the advice.

Unregistered guest
Has anyone purchase the DVD6041 and had success with it ?

DVD HOME THEATRE SYSTEM, 300 WATTS

http://www.curtisint.com/html/custservice/manuals/CUR_DVD6041_EN.PDF

Many Thanks, Phil Diakun

Anonymous

yep, just got the dvd6041 and I'll be darned I did it also.I turned the freaking video output to something other than what I have and now no video!!!They need a reset button!!!! What do I do now? I have already returned a portable dvd player I bought this morning because it didn't even come on at all, and now this?gees!!!

markinspokane
Unregistered guest
Just bought a 6041 this AM and went through all the same problems. All is working now however I cant get any TV audio to run through the system.
DVD,Tuner and CD audio is fine just no tv.
What am I missing here?
Thank you in advance.
Mark

Username: Taskchat

I have brought curtis 5028 home theatre system last week. The video is working fine, but at a time only 2 speakers are working and not all the five speakers. I am sure i've configured it correctly. Anybody has same problem... any solution for this... is anything i missed in the setup... I appreciate any help.

harvey_1960
Unregistered guest
Just bought a Curtis DVD 5.1 player. I cannot seem to get the (RR)speaker to make sound. I here an electrical sound, but no sound from the movie. I checked all connections. Is there something in the set-up I'm missing? I'm game for any suggestions. Thanks

croken
Unregistered guest
Hello All,
Yes I'm a victim as well.I recently purchased a Curtis DVD1020 which was enclosed in a DVD1150 box.I didn't realize it until later on when I tried playing PAL formatted dvds it also will not
play vcds or svcds.The only reason I bought this player is that it's suppose to play karaoke dvds.
I got this player from a Value City Store which is some sort of reseller.They buy closed-out and discontinued items.Curtis is definitely not a top runner!This particular player was manufactured in 2001! I got it dirt cheap also.
Sorry for the long post but does anyone own a 1020 that has a similar problem or a solution to this tragedy.

Anonymous

Curtis DVD 5028 P Unlock codes?

Unregistered guest
Have a Curtis DVD Home theater system, the remote control stopped working. The model is KF-8999A I can't seem to find a universal that will work with the code for this brand; any suggestions?

good sound??
Unregistered guest
Have DVD 5038 mine has worked very well with only one problem: the sound is a constant humming/buzzing/hissing electrical noise when ever the power is on. I am annoyed with the sound! Does everyone else have this problem? I read some other people having the same sound issue on http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews8634.html and apparently the speaker wire is too low quality someone says. I will be getting a new home audio amp anyways and plan to continue using my cheap Curtis DVD player until it dies (currently 2 years old and never had a problem). I actually like this DVD player if the sound was better. It allows me to skip intro menus on DVD and go straight to the main menu. Good support for MP3, MPEG movies, CDR, DVD+R

Unregistered guest
Phil,
We bought the 6041 and then my kids lost the remote. grr.. I know its in the house some where. well anyways we love it, and so did my oldest daughter that will graduate from high school in june, so we bought her one as well for a early Christmas present. Hopefully I will find the remote soon!!

very-pissed-off
Unregistered guest
Just hooked up a 5028, the dvd tray opens, put in a disc and push close. It closes, but immediately opens right back up, wtf?! Tried it over and over, tray won't stay shut. This POS is going back to Best Buy first thing in the morning.

Silver Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 670
Folks, you get what you pay for...sorry.

henbone
Unregistered guest
here ya go, folks ... http://www.curtisint.com/support/troubleShooting.asp

Anonymous

We purchased a Curtis DVD5028 for son for Xmas, haveeverythiong hooked up the surround sounds works only for DVD player, does it not work for the TV. Any help would be apreciated Thanks

Anonymous

I purchased a Curtis dvd/cd/mp3/ and when i play dvd's the voices from the people talking in the movie does not play any sound any help please

Anonymous

I purchased a Curtis dvd/cd/mp3/player and when i play dvd's the voices from the people talking in the movie does not play any sound any help please

Username: Brad_colorado

Having same problem as Markinspokane.Can't get the surrounssound audio with tv or vcr, only DVD's. Has anyone figured this out???

Unregistered guest
Bought a curtis dvd player 1044. The player exhibits a stuttering, looks like freeze frame in forward. Tried different setups it seems to switch to pal60 often then I have to reset also. Anyone seen this before? Any solutions?

Unregistered guest
Bought a curtis dvd player 1044. The player exhibits a stuttering, looks like freeze frame in forward. Tried different setups it seems to switch to pal60 often then I have to reset also. Anyone seen this before? Any solutions?

Unregistered guest

Anonymous

This is a shady company their product is basically a piece of junk. It might end up even damaging your other equipment.

since many of you are frustrated with the quality of the product and the company's indifference please take a minute and file a complaint with the BBB. I was amazed to see that there was only one complaint filed with the BBB and so many complaints online.

here is the link to the BBB curtis page

http://www.bbbmwo.ca/commonreport.html?bid=1034485

Anonymous

Just hooked up this system and it sounds like crap. Wasn't expecting top of the line for this price, but the single mono speaker on my TV sounds better than this. Am I doing something wrong, or is this just what it is?

Anonymous

i got a curtis dvd6040 system for christmas, i pressed a button and the screen went blank, i got that fixed now the setup menu won't come up at all and now when you watch a dvd and try pressing the fast foward button the screen goes blank and then you press the play button and it comes back how the hell do i fix this crap

Looneyboy
Unregistered guest
This SYstem is sooooo dumb... My dad purchased a Curtis DVD 5028... ANd only 3 speakers work... Actually only 2, the left, Right, and the Subwoofer...

Usually I tell my dad to let me go shopping with him, when he goes to buy stuff, But he was doing X-mas shopping, so I let him go.

As soon as I saw the system, and saw the name Curtis, I was thinking WTF. I asked him how much it cost. He said it was a great deal (really I would have told him he was actually getting ripped off).

So I was praying that this particular system would work, but It didn't.

IF you see a Curtis System... DONT BUY IT PEOPLE. Save up and get a SONY or a more respectable name in the industry. CURTIS is a Joke.

Anonymous

We purchased aCurtis DVD 5028 for Christmas and there is no sound from the surround speakers when we are only using the tv. Can this be corrected or did we make a mistake because it wont work on just tv alone?

Unregistered guest
I also purchased aCurtis DVD 5028 for Christmas and there is no sound from the surround speakers when we are only using the tv. Can this be corrected or did we also make a mistake because it wont work on just tv alone?

PT Barnum
Unregistered guest
And I thought there was only ONE born every minute!

Username: Poisonivyy74

Ottawa, ONtario Canada

Someone was nice and purchased a Curtis DVD 5029 for Xmas. I thought great another TV with surround sound and DVD player ...for a person who has hard of hearing almost deaf this is a great thing ...until we went and set it up....little next no audible sound ..my speakers on my pc and portable CD player play louder then this unit. Is it just me , or this unit. Does anyone know if I got an amplifier would it work or does it need to see the trash can and just simply start over. It really sucks to through a gift out but I sont have the original receipt as if was a gift so no one will honour the product.
IF SOMEONE CAN HELP ME OUT PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!
for curtis tech suppost takes over a week b/f anyone calls you back and thats if they will!

Unregistered guest
After reading about all the problem with this system, I am left feeling hopeless and ripped off.

I just purchased a Curtis DVD 5028 system. It played one tract on a CD and went silent. What can be the problem? Is is worth fixing? It would probable cost more to return it than what I paid for it.

Unregistered guest
I bought the DVD 1043 player, and on all of my discs it reads no disc, and my cds are all brand new! Can anyone help me with this one?

raynxes
Unregistered guest
I have the CURTIS 6040 and had the same issue, selected the wrong video option and lost all video. The 2nd message above by Geez worked for the 6040 model and I got my video back! Here is the instructions again.

DVD6040 Q: The screen is blank!
To reset the video output on your DVD, follow these instruction. Remove any DVD's from the unit. Turn the unit off, wait 10 seconds and then turn it on again. Using the remote, press SETUP, then the RIGHT ARROW button 4 times. Then press ENTER. Then the DOWN ARROW button 2 times. Then press Enter.

YEAH!!

DustinIdaho
Unregistered guest
My parents got me a DVD5028 surround sound, and my roomates and I really enjoy it, unlike some of you other people I think Curtis is a low cost brand...but you know what they say, You get what you pay for!! the only complaint I have is that there is not any control over the Bass and Treble from the satellites. But other than that, for the price my parents paid I am not complaining.

Unregistered guest
Purchased a cheap Curtis system with DVD6041.Then I was playing around in SETUP and changed the video output from S-Video to the Y PR PB setting. Now I cannot again enter SETUP to correct and therefore cannot see the DVD's. Is there anyway to get back into the SETUP menus?

Bronze Member
Username: Avo

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 29
To reset the video output on your DVD6041, follow these instructions. Remove any DVD's from the unit. Turn the unit off, wait 10 seconds and then turn it on again. Using the remote, press SETUP, then the RIGHT ARROW button 4 times. Then press ENTER. Then the DOWN ARROW button 2 times. Then press Enter.

Regards

Bronze Member

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 30
UTMGIRL,
The unit is defective. The laser has failed.

Pls PM me for repair/exchange

Best Regards,
Alex

Bronze Member

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 31
Ivvy Poison,

Model DVD5029 comes preset from the factory with Dolby Digital 5.1 turned off. Default settings are stereo. (2 channel Playback)

In order to activate all speakers in Dolby Digital 5.1 surround,

In the Setup menu,
Navigate to downmix mode and select 5.1 as the value.

Let me know if this solves your problem
Regards
Alex

Bronze Member

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 32
Bamboozeled,

Hello,

In response to your request for assistance concerning your DVD5028 Problem.
You mentioned that your unit died after playing only 1 CD track.

Does it playback DVD's or does playback any type of disk?

Regards,
Alex

Bronze Member

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 33
Curtis Models DVD5028 and DVD5029 both come from the factory with the surround turned off.
This means that only the two front channels and the sub will work (2.1)out of the box.

In order to activate full surround (Dolby Digital 5.1)

Enter the setup mode,
Go to the audio downmix mode and select 5.1

This will enable full surround DVD playback from all 6 speakers.

Regards,

mcgang
Unregistered guest
I purchased a 5028 have it all set and speakers work but the door won't stay shut. Can anyone help me with this problem

Anonymous

hi, ive just moved to canada and have many uk dvds that it would be nice to be able to play, i have a curtis dvd 1043....dont shoot......it was a gift....i was wondering if anybody knew how to convert it to a multi region player?.......

Sally Sue
Unregistered guest
I got a dvd 1044 free when i bought a cell phone and it skips, just wondering if it can be fixed or if i should just toss it.

Bronze Member

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 40
mcgang,
If the door does not stay closed, the main unit is defective.

The tray must arrive at certain point inside which enables a limit switch which tells the CPU the tray has arrived to it's home position

Pls send me an email and we will be glad to help you out.

Best Regards,
Alex

Bronze Member

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 41
Annonymous,
Your unit is a region 1 player. It is not capable of playing back UK discs.

Username: Miaflsurf

My Curtis 5028 OPENS every time I turn it on...

I press CLOSE and in 5 seconds, it OPENS again.

What do I do?

It says that Alex Vouitsis's profile has been removed.

Anyone have this problem and fixed it?

Username: Weribbit

Post Number: 2
I need a new remote or the code for Curtis DVD5028 Player ... the kid broke it & can't find a Universal remote code for it ... any suggestions?

Username: Julio8oa

yea i got the curtis dvd theater system its the dvd5041 and i have it all ready but the thing is that it wont read the disc it would say that it would load it and say no disc and the thing is that i have used every tpye of disc dvd,music cd so yea if any one can tell me wat to do get to me at julio8oa@aol.com

Username: Kandg

My sister got a Curtis 5041 DVD home theatre system and I got 4 speakers to work through the sub woofer but I cant get them to work on the back of the DVD player themself. When I play a cd all the sound comes through fine but when I play a DVD the background music is all I can hear I cant hear people talking or noises being made through the movie and I tried going through the audio setup and video setup please help me out...its my sisters Christmas present....

Username: Bb4now

I just hooked up the DVD5041 system and so far it's ok. Nice sound quality for the price but it could be better on the volume though,a little lacking for 150w. Anyway if anyone has changed the video output from s-video to YUB as I did you can cut through the hassle of pressing setup/enter if your remote has the P-SCAN button. Remove disk, turn off unit for 10 sec. , power on unit, press P-SCAN. As I said I have the 5041 unit and this worked for me. I tried the above suggestions but none worked so I called Curtis Int. at 1-800-968-9853 there was a long wait on hold but THE GUY FIXED MY PROBLEM ON THE FIRST SHOT.

Now my only problem is connecting my satellite box through the system. If anyone can offer suggestions please do. Post here or my e-mail is bbn2g@yahoo.com. Thank you in advance.

Username: Curtissucks

K THE STUPID DVD PLAYER SUCKS..MINES ALL BLACK N WHITE AND THERES NO BUTTON OR ANYTHING..CAN ANYONE HELP ME TO MAKE IT COLORED?!! YEAA TNX

Username: Curtissucks

K THE STUPID DVD PLAYER SUCKS..MINES ALL BLACK N WHITE AND THERES NO BUTTON OR ANYTHING..CAN ANYONE HELP ME TO MAKE IT COLORED?!! YEAA TNX

Gold Member

Post Number: 5606
no

Username: Slavi2000bg

can any budy help me? I have model DVD6041 HOME TEATRE, we losted the remote control of it and now it's complidly unuseble. how can I ged on other one remote or can I program any universal remot to that DVD and how can I foun the code?

Username: Mariotrev

I have a curtis dvd5041 and I can't get the rear surround speakers to work. They make noise when I do a pink test but no sound when playing movies. Any ideas what I can do?

Username: Mgarcia7202

My father-in-law purchased a dvd6041 and had the same setup probs. Thank all of you for the quick fix tips. Hopefully nothing else will go wrong but from what i'm reading it sounds like it will!. Thank goodness he purchased it for cheap at a yardsale!!!!

Username: Free2beme4727

Richmon, Va USA

Purchased a Curtis DVD5041 and cannot get any sound and cannot get any DVD's to play ? HELP????

Gold Member

Post Number: 9253
MC, you should have read this first. Yes?

Username: Markosjal

I think the fix for the video output is simple and listed below.

First I want to say I purchased a Cheapo Curtis DVD1093 at WalMart and it is impressive. . It has a USB port and supports DIVX/XVID. It plays more DIVX variants than my dedicated media player did and I have played DIVX videos at resolutions up to 576 x 1024 at 16x9 . My only complaint with the unit is the remote , which is typical of most newer DVDs these days. The truth is I cracked this unit open and the processor board on it is a Sanyo

As for the reset on nearly any DVD player first connect a COMPOSITE monitor to the composite output, as the composite output most always continues to be composite regardless of what you change on component or HDMI settings. Once connected to composite on a composite monitor , if you do not have an image there is often a button on the remote that says P/N or PAL/NTSC. ONce you have a composite image you can then set up the component or HDMI to the mode you want.

Username: Markosjal

From what I have seen no matter what DVD the Composite output will always function. On curtis DVDs. You only need to verify PAL/NTSC according to the Monitor connected. (even new flat panel displays can use a composite input on the green colored cable, although it will display as monochome, so connect the yellow composite video out of the DVD to the Green Component connector if your flatt panel does not have composite input) Most Curtis DVDs have a P/N button on the remote this selects PAL or NTSC. From there you need only select the desired output format.

BTW this is normal for most DVDs so stop whining about it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us