Marantz SR5500 vs.refurb SR7400 vs h/k AVR435 vs Denon 2805?

Username: Dgurjala

Post Number: 1
Hi all, new to home audio and trying build my system. For 80/20 music/ht, what receiver do you recommend paired with Soliloquy 5.0 speakers? Looking for a natural/musical sound. Any help would be appreciated, thanks! If any others I should consider, please let me know.

Username: Dgurjala

Post Number: 5
Would really appreciate any input. I may be thinking about moving up to considering the Marantz SR7500 vs. the Denon 3805, or even a refurb SR7400 vs a refurb 3803 or 3805. Any opinions on this? thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Riches1

Atlanta, GA US

Post Number: 71
I looked at the Marantz and went with the Denon 3805. Take a look at some of the discussion about Marantz and Denon in the Denon Auto Setup forum. Russ Whites comments about his audtions with the 3805 and 7400 are interesting. Elitefan ( a poster) prefers Marantz over Denon. I listened to both in a local audio botique and didn't hear much difference hooked up to some Paradigm Studio 20's. I would say based on what you are considering, go with your best deal. Although, the 3805 and 7500 do have auto setup and room EQ calibration. That's a pretty cool feature and nails the equalization for individual room acoustics.

MarshallD
Unregistered guest
If you're looking for sustained power listening to music, don't get the SR7400. I was very disappointed in it's power performance. The features, inputs, and sound quality is great. The video upconvert is a joke, but the switching is a nice feature. Just my 2 cents....

mattburklund
Unregistered guest
The sr8400 has great video switching and two channel sound, comparable to rotel.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us