Denon AVR-1705 vs Panasonic XR50 vs Onkyo TX SR502

Username: Reggie_lives

Post Number: 5
I'm completely new to the game of home audio, and as you can probably tell from my few previous posts, i am looking at investing in an entry level system. I'm pretty much sold on the Connoisseur line of speakers from Energy, but was wondering which receiver would drive them the best.

I'm really just looking for the best bang for my buck.

I use it for xbox/music/dvd's fairly equally.

Denon AVR01705: $550.00 CDN + Tax

Onkyo TXSR502: $599.99 CDN + possible employee discount + Tax

Panasonic XR50(really skeptical about this option, but added it because of the cheapness): $389.96 + possible employee discount + Tax Free

I have friends at both Futureshop and London Drug, so while their selection is sparse and lackluster, I was wondering if i was overlooking something in those two stores that would be within my price range, as i could possibly score an employee discount. Double points for Futureshop, as it's on a native land, which equals no tax if "purchased" by my native co-worker.

Thanks

Reggie

Bronze Member
Username: Riches1

Atlanta, GA US

Post Number: 72
I would say that your instincts are correct. I would avoid the Panasonic. For Energy speakers, my first choice out of what you mentioned would be the Onkyo. I have a Denon 3805 but I think onkyo would be best for the Energy's just because the are a little dry and the 502 is slightly warmer than the Denon. There probably isn't a big difference however, and either would serve you well.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us