Receiver choice

Rosie
Unregistered guest
I Currently have paradigm M7s with Marage rear and center. Also Paradigm PW 2200 sub. My Question is: What receiver would best fit my speakers? Also, I would like to know if it is worth upgrading my receiver. I currently own a 10 year old rxv 870. Was looking into the RXZ1 and the rxz3300. Anyone have any advice?

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 196
it is always nice to upgrade the receiver specially with the nice set of loudspeakers that you have. Have you looked into the NAD T773 or maybe the Outlaw Audio 950/7100 combo, they would sound incredible with your Paradigms. Although the Yamaha choices that you have is not bad at all, however, I think you should give these products a try. You won't regret it.

http://www.outlawaudio.com/home.html

cheers

Rosie
Unregistered guest
Thanks for your post Berny,
I have not looked into nad. I have been reading forums on mostly Yamaha and onkyo. Nad seems to be popular when matched with Paradigms,as well as Yamaha. I found a place here in ontario Canada, that will sell me the rxv 3300 for $1400. plus Tax. [CANADIAN] Is this a good price? ? ? Thanks again Berny I will look at the Nad T773.

Silver Member
Username: Geekboy

Post Number: 178
Rosie: while I haven't heard the NAD and Paradigm in a demo room, from all I've read, it seems like a really great pair.

I have Paradigm Reference Eclipse/BPs in the front, and guess what... Mirage speakers for rear surround! I have the Paradigm Reference CC-450 for the center channel which is absolutely a great center.

As Berny writes, you may also want to look at the outlaw separates. Your Monitor 7's are more sensitive than my 88dB Eclipe's, so, they should work well with any good amplifier.

Rosie
Unregistered guest
Thanks alot geekboy for your input. Nad seems to be a good choice. What is your opinion on the Yamaha Rxz-1 vs the Nad T773. In your opinion are these receivers over kill for my monitor 7s. One more Question: what do you think about the rxv 3300 for my paradims? I'm looking for a good receiver that will be with me for at least 10 yrs. What would be the biggest bang for my buc??

sarandon
Unregistered guest
rosie i would ask both elitefan and hawk. they have more knowledge when it comes to paradigm with yamaha.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 182
Rosie,
NAD is the best bang for the buck for your Paradigms but first you should get a Paradigm center to match your 7's. Get the cc-370. In the NAD line I would suggest the 763 with your Paradigms. Great match sonically and good balance money-wise also. Yamaha and Paradigm are a decent combo but NAD and Paradigm is a step up if not 2 or 3 steps. The Rz-1 and 773 are maybe a bit to much to spend to get a really nice system and Yamaha does not make a model at near the price of the 763 nearly as good sonically.

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Post Number: 180
I would agree with elitefan that you really should get a matching Paradigm center speaker, if possible. It is really much more satifying when your have your front three speakers voice matched. The surrounds are not as important.

Both the Yamaha and NAD are good matches with Paradigm mains, but having heard both, the NAD is a class better than the Yamaha. Elitefan's suggestion of the NAD T763 is a great one. I would not use a Yamaha with any Mirage speakers, however. Both are simply too forward and the combo is not very pleasing to listen to. The NAD is warmer sounding, thus works better with the Mirage center and surrounds as well as the Paradigm mains.

Rosie
Unregistered guest
Thanks alot for your input guys. I will go and look at the Nad T763. What should i Pay for this receiver?

Username: E1kad2

Post Number: 10
Rosie,
I suggest you try either RXV-1400/2400 with your current system rather than NAD. It has all the features you'll like from a receiver, since your looking for the biggest bang with your buck. NAD T763 lack features and its just a 6.1 compared with Yammy 7.1. Or best would be to try audiotioning them first before you decide...I did.

Anonymous

EWAN is right, hear them all first then decide. Its ok to get some opinion from others but in the end, it will only be you. EWAN, I am considering the RXV-2400 with mission speakers. Have you tried this kind of set-up? Need you advice. Many thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us