RX-V1400 receiver and amplifier

Username: Gravy

Post Number: 1
I purchased an RX-V1400 receiver. So far I am quite pleased with it. The interface is a bit cumbersome but I got through it last night. I went ahead and biwired the speakers..not sure if there is whole lot of difference. I currently have a pair of RF7s for my fronts and plan to eventually build a home theater using Klipsch reference series bits. My plan was to buy this receiver and eventually add a seperate amp or multiple amps. Has anyone already does this. If so, does anyone have suggestions. I would like to warm up the system a bit.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 169
My first question is why did you buy a Yamaha to go with Klipsch as both are on the bright side, to say the least? Why not buy a warmer, more powerful receiver? If you intended to use a seperate amp why not just buy a pre/pro and amp at the same time? There are others who can help you much better than I as far as a warmer amp goes but I was just puzzled as to why you went the way you did.

Post Number: 2
My intention was to use the RX-V1400 as pretty much a preamp in the future. In the meantime it has enough power to drive the Klipsch's in my small room. I had a 2 channel sony receiver prior to this. For the money the yamaha had quite a few nice features, and will enable me to transistion into Home theater.

Username: E1kad2

Post Number: 9
Eric,
You could try Rotel to drive your fronts and center if u plan to upgrade. The Yamaha 1400 would make the best preamp/rear channels amp for your needs. Moreso, it has all the features no other receiver has in his price range. Never use pioneer elite models as they suck and cost more. Sound is terrible. Just a cent of advice.

Bronze Member
Username: Unicronwmd

Post Number: 72
The 1400 is NOT bright. I have listened to it in person and a LOT of other have stated it is not bright. Some older Yamaha's used to be bright and some people can't understand that companies change. I am not saying this is a "warm" receiver but it was not a bright receiver when I listened to it next to a HK.

In the past, I have heard Klipsch speakers and I found them to be too bright for me. Mainly at loud levels. This was in the past, so I don't know about the newer models.

Please understand this is only my opinion.

I also have plans on getting the 1400 and a extra amp. I figured I would get a 150watt 5 channel amp to drive the front 5 speakers and let the 1400 drive the 4 rear speakers.

Post Number: 3
I was looking at the B&K and Rotel amps. Too much right being tax season but definitely on the radar.

Bronze Member
Username: Spshond

Post Number: 26
LET M EKNOW WHAT YOU DECIDE ON, I HAVE THE YAMAHA 1400 WITH THE ENERGY ENCORES, MY EARS LOVE IT. I SAY MY EARS BECUASE I TRIED DENON - TOO WARM. I TRIED H/K - DID NOT LIKE THE ONES IN MY PRICE RANGE. THATS JUST MY EARS NOW, SO DONT NO ONE GO NAGGING ME. ERIC, LET M EKNOW WHAT AMP YOU DECIDE ON FOR YOUR FRONTS
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us