Infinity Beta50 or Polk RTi12?

Username: Zachwhite0

Post Number: 1
Hey guys nice forum. Im glad i came across this. I would like some of your opinions as to which is a better speaker. I am going to buy one of the two. Ive gotten to hear the beta50 and i really like them. I have not heard the rti12 but I did hear the rti8 and 10 and liked both of those. Lastly, would a HK AVR635 be enough power to run these and the rest of a infinity/polk 7.1 set up of the Beta/Rti series? I do need to stick with either infinity or polk for the simple fact that I work for a retailer and get 65% off and these are the only two brands of speakers we carry that are some what good. Thanks.

edster922
Unregistered guest
Couldn't tell you anything about the Beta50 but I have heard the RTi8s and they were quite good---of course Fry's had them hooked up to a $2200 H/K receiver might've helped too, LOL. The RTi10s didn't really sound all that much better so my guess is the 12s probably just pack more bass---nice if you don't have a sub but not all that important if you do.

What retailer is it you work for? If it's one of the national chains maybe I'll see if they need any holiday help! : )

Bronze Member
Username: Earful

Post Number: 26
Wow is there that much mark up on speakers they can discount them 65 percent?

Username: Zachwhite0

Post Number: 2
Im only 19 and trying to get through college so I am working at a major U.S. electronics store. It is not them I am getting the discount from but rather Infinity/Polk through accomadations for working there. Since I can get a pair of either one for under $550 I would like to stay with one of those two. Too bad polk took the LSi series off the accomadations site. Hopefully someone on here will have some experience with these speakers. Hey edster was the hk reciever the digital DPR2005? I would like to know what that sounded like while I have a chance to get it for the same price as the discontinued AVR630.

edster922
Unregistered guest
> Hey edster was the hk reciever the digital DPR2005?

Don't remember but if you go to the outpost.com website and look for an H/K receiver at about $2200 you'll probably find it. I just remember the thing was massive and sounded amazing. Something like 150wpc I think.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us