KEF Coda 90s?

edster922
Unregistered guest
Anybody had any experience or thoughts on these? Found some very sweet deals for them on eBay but can't find many reviews of them online.

Looking for tower speakers $300-600 with excellent mids and highs, bass is unimportant since I have a sub for that. Would these do the trick?

edster922
Unregistered guest
bump

Username: Mrcheap

New Zealand

Post Number: 1
You should be happy with the KEF Coda's , They are smooth sounding and not too bright with an average priced reciever AMP . Do lack base but thats comparing them with my main speakers that have dual 8" Peerless drivers so unfair comparison.
Nicely finished as well

Silver Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 264
edster

In many ways I prefer the Coda range to Kef's Q-range. The 90 is a small floorstander which motors along very nicely. I think it's excellent and more musical than B&W 602.5's which were a direct price competitor here in the UK. Kef have stopped making the Coda90's which is a real shame. The standmounted 70 was also a fine speaker - very refined for the money and far less cabinet resonance than the competition (B&W 601S3) thanks to the fact they weren't ported (if memory serves) allowing for a fleeter, if less bassy, presentation. For all that, they didn't sell as well, probably because of the lack of bass and because it didn't look to be much speaker for the money. A real shame since they were really musical enjoyable speakers to listen to...

Kef's Q-series is junk by comparison - in my view of course.

Regards,
Frank.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us