Yamaha HTR-5760 or Pioneer VSX-1014 for Rocket ELT speakers

mattman
Unregistered guest
I like detail without being bright. I like my M&K's, but not with a Yamaha, with a rotel or marantz.

I just purchased a Rocket ELT systems, and was about to pull the plug on a pioneer vsx 1014-great for the money.
I then started thinking that this combination may not be the best, being that the speakers are laid back, I would lose too much detail with a overly warm combination. I would normally prefer the pioneer sound myself, but that is based on listening with my M&K's. The elt's are not as detailed as my m&ks, so I thought if I added a brighter receiver like the yamaha I could get some more detail. What one is the better combination with my elt's?

Thanks

Matt

I am not a Dn guy, but I do like Yamaha's for movies. Would a low end $300 Yamaha be better for movies than the pioneer?

Thanks

Matthew

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 994
If your new speakers are on the laid back side then the newer Yamaha's are worth a listen. They are no longer bright but still thin and detailed. I suggest you look at the 1500 which can be had for less than $550. I would not go lower in the Yamaha line but the 750 has gotten good reviews. The Pioneer 1014 seems like a real good unit for the money but maybe not the best match with your new speakers.

Username: Sdc

Post Number: 8
therealelitefan

what do you have for speakers with your elite?

Silver Member

Post Number: 995
I have a Monitor Audio system with the Silver 2 as mains, the Silver center and the Silver 1 as surrounds. My sub is a Def Tech PF12. My room is only 14x14 with oak floors so the small bookshelf's on stands works best. It is a great combination both for music and movies. Saw Spiderman 2 last night on my new Elite dv47ai dvd player and it was fantastic. I am considering maybe upgrading the mains to the Gold 10 but only if they knock me out and they work ok with the Silver center. I will not change the center.

Silver Member
Username: Rkvfire

Vancouver, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 152
is that elite dv47 a good player? its christmas and i gotta start shopping soon lol.

Silver Member

Post Number: 998
It's a great player. I got it from digitalcraze fro $569.99. Fast shipping and they supposedly will honor the 2 year warranty. I called about 6 or 7 places and they were the only ones that had it in stock. I was hoping the new Yamaha dv-2500 would be out before Christmas as it looks to be a really good player for it's price but will not be out until January at the earliest. The only reason I did this was to give my sister my Elite dv-45 player for Christmas. That's a great player for the money. Can be had for a bit over $300.

Silver Member

Post Number: 153
would the yamaha be better then the eleite dv47? my dad already has the pio 1014, so should i go with all 1 components. or wait till the yamaha, and mix match? which way should i go? lol if i dont go with the elite player, ill haveta figure out what else to buy for xmas. :P

Silver Member

Post Number: 999
I would buy the Elite dv45. It is a really nice player and as I said can now be had for around $300.That would be a very nice gift and it's performance is a step up from the average dvd player both for movies and music. I really liked it a lot and I only bought the new player because I hadn't bought anything new for myself in quite awhile and I knew my sister would like my Elite 45. From what I have seen so far I would say the performance of the 45 is about 85% or so of the 47 at much less cost. I can't say if the Yamaha will be better than the 47 since it is not out yet. That was the only other player in that price range I seriously considered. The other player in the Elite 45 price range that would be worth looking at is the Marantz 6400. I think your Dad would be very happy with the Elite 45.

Silver Member

Post Number: 157
alright sounds great. ill pick up the elite 45 tomorrow morning. is this an sacd/dvd-a player? or just dvd player?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1002
It's a universal player and a very good one. Check it out at pioneerelectronics.com

Silver Member

Post Number: 160
sounds good i picked it up this mornin. thanx elitefan!

Silver Member

Post Number: 161
also elite fan, can u answer my posts in the speaker forum, i wanna start shopping really soon already. thanx man.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us