Pioneer A402 int. amp questions

Bronze Member
Username: Creed

Post Number: 23
i have one Pioneer A402 int. amp, recently i take it and use it, i notice when i turn the volume dial, there some hissing caming out from my speaker, i think the volume dial on this int. amp having some problem, but i just want to know whether it will spoilt my speaker, since now i am using it now for my music playback...and connected it from my receiver's front channel pre-out...thanks

Silver Member
Username: Gman

Post Number: 161
Sounds like the volume control needs cleaning on the metal part. It will not spoil your speakers--screaching tones are often blasted from speakers during adjustment.

Now the sound may be coming from a problem in the speaker. But I'd clean the volume control connection first and if that doesn't work, borrow another speaker to see if it is the speaker--or borrow another integrated amp to see if that works fine,

If you still have the problem take your amp to the dealership or local electrician if it is under warranty). If not under warranty still take to dealership/electrician and see how expensive to fix. If it is--buy something new.

Bronze Member
Username: Creed

Post Number: 25
i tested on my receiver, there is no hissing...screaching tones at all, as i said, the int.amp only produce this when i turn the volume...if i never turn the volume, the sound is clean and clear...

Silver Member
Username: Gman

Post Number: 162
as I said--sounds like the volume control pot connections needs cleaning. If it doesn't help take the amp to an electrician (preferably one that deals with your brand)--you may need a new volume control pot.

Soma
Unregistered guest
Hi!
Where can i download a manual for this amp?
please send me a link!
somogyil@ntszki.hu
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us