Newbie needs help!

Username: Sea70

Olympia, WA USA

Post Number: 2
I have a Denon UD-M5 which puts out 30w/channel. I want to expand this system w/subwoofer and satelites. Can I (and should I) add amplification for the satelites? I'm assuming I should have switchbox for the speakers. Also, how do I hook up the speakers with only 4 jacks available.

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 601
I wouldn't recommend adding the satelites - will not improve the sound - might add distortion.

If you want to add an amp, that will improve the sound - if your Denon has pre-out, or tape out in the back. You can hook up the 2 mission speakers to the amp, and you will get a better sound. You can get NAD 320bee, or c352.

A sub is a good idea though - I would recommend a sony - economical and good (less than $100 on the web)

http://www.dealtime.com/xPC-Sony_SA_WM500~SRID-g9vGLtkvnW

KBear
Unregistered guest
I've got this system with a pair of Energy C-1 speakers. A sub is a really great addition...it improved my sound quality big time. Much less boomy. I'm not sure how the Missions sound...I don't think they go as low as the C-1s so you may not have that problem. Still, it's nice to have good, clean, low bass...it just adds another dimension to the music.

The sub I picked up is a Mission MS8, for $285Cdn on sale.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us