Kenwood receiver and digital cable box

Username: Tomct

Post Number: 1
I have a few questions and would LOVE for someone to help answer as much as you can.

Don't have the model for my Kenwood. It's not new...(not the 6.1 or thx). Has pro-logic/dolby digital/dts. left/right/center/sub/left s./right s. speakers. Just got a digital cable box. Has a audio left/right out and digital (coaxial) out. Sent the left/right output to my tv and the digital output to my kenwood receiver (video 2 coxial input).

I can not get sound on channels 2-70. From then on it's great. I am trying all the inputs (stereo/pro logic/digital..as well as selecting manual and or auto for sound). No luck.

Second-the channels I do get sound on-do you suggest pro logic to get sound on my 2 surrond speakers? I don't think I can get DTS with cable TV...so it seems like it's only stereo or pro-logic.

Last-I have an older sharp tv. Coxial cable input in back and audio/video in front. Now that I am tying up my 'video in' with the video from the cable box...how can I also use my dvd player without having to unplug/replug the video in feed??
I am only used to using receivers for audio-and messed around with using the video in feeds-but no luck. No s cable on my tv-and when I tried all combinations for two different video in's and then one output to the TV I got nothing..

I know this is a lot-so any info you might have would be great.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us