NAD T763 Fan Problem

St. Louis Blues
Unregistered guest
Well- the gods finally caught up with me- and I had my first problem with my NAD T763- that I purchased new about 6 months ago.

Took the unit into the shop about 3 weeks ago with a fan that was making a rattling sound- as if the shaft/ bearings were bad. Really aggravating- as everything else had worked well until that point- and I am happy with the units performance/ ability to drive my Dynaudios. My old Sony receiver is doing main room duty in this pinch- but just doesn't do the speakers justice.

Still waiting on the replacement parts to come in- (was originally supposed to take 4-10 days- however, we're at day 23- so hopefully I will get it back, fixed before Christmas.

Not throwing the towel in yet on NAD-- as stuff like this happens (my Sony had a dolby board go out 3-4 years ago- which they fixed)- and I am still high on the unit's performance. However, this did happen- and I'm still waiting for a fix.

St. Louis Blues
Unregistered guest
I'll follow up my original post...

Nad T763 is now fixed- and back in action. Everything is working as it should- and while the fan isn't entirely silent- it is still way better than before. The repair shop also upgraded my firmware to the latest version-- which has a number of neat features. Time for the sony to go back to the bedroom.

Still keeping the faith.

Bronze Member
Username: Bigfan

Post Number: 74
is the fan now as good as before the problem started? your post has me wondering when those same gods will catch up w/me. after several mos. w/a 773, so far no fan noise. but maybe that's because i live in an apt bldg and don't have a subwoofer yet, so i haven't really cranked it for extended periods.

do dealers charge you to upgrade the firmware? is it easily doable yourself at lower cost?

St. Louis Blues
Unregistered guest
The fan is about the same as when the unit was new. You can hear it if you get close to the receiver if it is running- but not from a normal listening distance.

I didn't even know the repair shop was going to u/g the firmware-- when I got it home- it was some different menus that greeted me. Checked the version- and sure enough they had loaded the new stuff onto it. Didn't cost anything- as it was all under warranty.

Bronze Member
Username: Bigfan

Post Number: 76
what were the main benefits of the new firmware? did you lose anything? for example i heard that the upgrade means losing HDCD decoding.

Silver Member
Username: Johnny

Missouri

Post Number: 519
Yes, but you gain Dolby Pro Logic IIx, among other things.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us