Just getting into Hi Res, Question Please

Username: Froggy

Post Number: 1
In your opinion does SACD format sound better than DVD-A and why, I'm aware that some recordings on either format are going to be better than others.

I have not had the pleasure of listening to any SACD disc's yet just wondering which way to go, stick with DVD-A I want to try the SACD format also just don't know what to expect.

Silver Member
Username: Sem

New York USA

Post Number: 370

quote:

I'm aware that some recordings on either format are going to be better than others.

That's the key. Both do sound very good however. My advice would be to get a decent combo player and experience both formats.

Bronze Member
Username: Culp4684

Post Number: 86
Ditto on what Sem said...

Plus, there are a lot more recordings offered on SACD. Don't limit yourself either way by getting a player for only one format.

Post Number: 2
Thanks Guys, I just purchased a Dennon 2910 and a AVR4802R so I'm pretty well set as not limiting myself.

What is the difference in the two formats as far as fidelity goes, I'm very impressed with my DVD-A discs.

Silver Member
Username: Sem

New York USA

Post Number: 372
Steve,
Nice gear there, you should be all set. As far as the difference in fidelity...SACD should sound every bit as good as your DVD-A's (unless of course you subscribe to the Sony conspiracy theory ---- inside joke). Personally, I can't tell a difference between the two formats. Some say SACD's sound a bit better, maybe they do but my old ears can't tell.

As you build your collection, you're welcome to leave your impressions over on
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/68570.html

Bronze Member
Username: Bigfan

Post Number: 67
steve,
how is the 2910 performing, for both video and audio? i'm considering the same unit, against the older 2900 (which has come down to about the same price, and has conflicting opinions on whether the 2910 is its equal or not) and against a pioneer 578 (much less expensive with performance that may be close?). thanks.

Post Number: 3
Bigfan I'm super happy with my Denon stuff, the 2910 is working absolutly awsome, I'm maybe not as picky as some, But I do know how to tell the difference, you won't be disapointed in the 2910.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us