Best subs

Username: Muzzle_monkey

Post Number: 1
what do you think are the best subs for car audio

monkey man jack
Unregistered guest
JBL. They have several good 1000 watt 15" for $149,1600 watt 12" for $399 and 1000 watt 10". Anyways, in my opinion JBL has the best car subs.

Username: Muzzle_monkey

Post Number: 4
Ok I will Have to look into that thanks for replying

MTX Lord
Unregistered guest
MTX 9500 series. They are 1500 bucks peak power is 2000 watts rms is 1000 watts. you should get them with the MTX Thunder 942 any other amp/amps will just burn the amp up. they draw too much power from your amp. They are the best ever made for 12" subs, the only thing that is better w/o a doubt is there 15s and 18. The 15s cant be bought at any store, only ordered. The 18s are required to sign a form saying if any damge is caused to you, you cant sew them. They have been know to kill animals. :D

Unregistered guest
I would have to totally disagree that it would burn up your amp. A sub never draws power that isn't already there. The only reason it would do this is if the amp has no thermal protection, and the subs would have to be wired down to 1 or 2 ohms and the amp be higher ohms. MTX is sh!t anyways. If you want the best go with JL, Orion, Eclipse or something known for quality.

Silver Member
Username: Cheapskate

Post Number: 124
this topice definately belongs in the CAR forum and not the HOME AUDIO forum.

that aside... JL audio gets much exposure and positive press for car woofers.

Username: Unpiled_acorn

Rockland, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2
Mtx jackhammers, 5000 watts rms, 10000 peak, check their site cant remember it...hook these up wit audiobahn amps, up to 5000 watts boost..wel there u go

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1586
wow your all idiots, except james lol, the mtx jackhammer 22 inch is the best sub made, most likely, not for sale yet, takes 50,000 burps has a 900 oz magnet, and no someone said JBL, completely wrong, and if your interetsted in learning more go to the car audio section lol, but jerome sometimes a sub does try to draw more than the amp can take, thats what clipping is, its sending a square signal to a sub cause its tryting to get more than the amp can do, james, audiobahn amps are highly underrated and are worthless simple as that, you would need to look into US amps to power that or the old PPI amps

someone said the MTX 9500 series is the best on here, Wrong, the jl w7, x.x.x, Eclipse Ti, RE mt, alot more subs no time to list would destroy the MTX, on the site it compares the 10 inch mtx to the 10 inch jlw7 saying they are evenly matched, wanna know why they do this, lol cause the w7 line, as the sub goes up in size, so does the amazingness of the sub, but the mtx, just stays the same from the 12 and the 10 inch, and the jl w7 still isnt that great of a sub you pay 200 alone for the name, the 12 inch Ti would take the 12 inch w7 and you pay at least 200 dollers less for it and you also pay less for the power to handle it, MTX loard, your a moron, i would love to see ANY mtx besides there 22 beat a Ti or MT, it wont ever happen, MTX doesnt make that great of items, sorry

Silver Member
Username: Heavyb

Hopkins, Sc Usa

Post Number: 168
go with subfinatic in his second pharagraph all of those are good also the id max is good. good is also relative huge subs will not be musical. if u want car audio info go on the car audio page, there is alot of info there they heiped me build my system.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1688
a 22 inch isnt going to be as musical same with the 34 inch, but there isnt going to be a HUGE diffence in musical between the 18-8 inchers lol.
the 18's will hit alot harder than the 8 or 10 because of more surface area, but it will also have close to the same response time because now adays the subs cones are so light weight they respond faster than they used to

Silver Member

Post Number: 136
larger cones move more air. but they are also heavier and slower.

smaller woofers move much faster and have faster transients.

giant woofers are best for litening to sustained tones, but if you're listening to an acoustic bass drum...

a smaller woofer will go
*Boom*

while a larger one will go
*fwoom*
but louder, and will take longer to silence.

don't forget physics... "an object in motion will remain in motion until acted on by an outside force"

more massive objects take more time to get moving and more time to stop. to MY EARS... that's unforgivable distortion of transients.

8" woofers pop & stop much faster than 15" DREAM of.

Silver Member

Post Number: 137
and thus...

the SPL vs. SQ debate rages on tirelessly

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1731
haha, i love this debate as well, but your right tahts all true, but now a days subs are made sooooo light that there isnt a HUGE noticible differene in the speed it hits although there is a huge difference in the way it sounds, personally, i hate 12's and 15's but i love 10's and 18's because of the way the 10's respond, and the way the 18's hit and dont stop hitting when a bassnote is over lol, but the bigger surface area the more air moves, for some reason it seems like were arguing but im completely aggreeing

8inchhater08
Unregistered guest
thats nothing i got two infinity's 10" 1040 Watts
two eclipse 12" 900Watts and another 10" 500 Watt Rockford Fosgate Punch DVC.... 2 Alpine amps 500Watt one 2500Watt Clarion, 800Watt Pioneer, Rockwood 300Watt<<<REALLY SHITTY!!,Jensen 300Watt, 560 Encore, 600Watt Punch, and a 100Watt White-Westinghouse, 1 capaciter, 4 crossovers, and a converter (4 wires in 2 wire out), 2 6AMP 12Volt Converters so i can have car stereo's in my home.... a 830AMP Car battery with a generator so it is putting out 15VOLTS..... its NUTS!!! and i got neon lights (white) and floresent lights... and they flicker with the bass....

BY THE WAY!!! SCREW 8 inch subwoofers..... quit ur bullshit talk about they take less time to silence, LIVE WITH IT!! 10 and above are louder than a whimpy a$$ 8"

8inchhater08
Unregistered guest
thats nothing i got two infinity's 10" 1040 Watts
two eclipse 12" 900Watts and another 10" 500 Watt Rockford Fosgate Punch DVC.... 2 Alpine amps 500Watt one 2500Watt Clarion, 800Watt Pioneer, Rockwood 300Watt<<<REALLY SHITTY!!,Jensen 300Watt, 560 Encore, 600Watt Punch, and a 100Watt White-Westinghouse, 1 capaciter, 4 crossovers, and a converter (4 wires in 2 wire out), 2 6AMP 12Volt Converters so i can have car stereo's in my home.... a 830AMP Car battery with a generator so it is putting out 15VOLTS..... its NUTS!!! and i got neon lights (white) and floresent lights... and they flicker with the bass....

BY THE WAY!!! SCREW 8 inch subwoofers..... quit ur bullshit talk about they take less time to silence, LIVE WITH IT!! 10 and above are louder than a whimpy a$$ 8"

biggest boldest bass MTX
Unregistered guest
My MTX 9500 12" with the dual 4ohm voice coils powered by the right amp which is the mtx 1501d rocks the 15" eclipse titanium pro series world, my nieghbor has one in his Taurus wagon and it sounds nice but my SQ and just flat out bass just rocks it.

Walrus
Unregistered guest
yo retards, this is the HOME AUDIO section for cryin out loud, didn't they teach youse how to read in school???

BEGONE!

SCAT!

AWAY!

ABRA CADABRA SHAZAM!

Silver Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth, Dorset United Kingdom

Post Number: 412
Well it sounds like you're an expert in this area, so why not stick around and teach us, please.

Otherwise piss off you total wanker, no wonder the wife as left you your brain is smaller than your dick.

Get the picture!
Upload

The Installer
Unregistered guest
Alpine or JL Audio Have the best sound for the $

Anonymous

dont listen to any body tbut think mtx they have never done me wrong and ive been buying since 1990 15 years of experience does that say anything???? the old grey rt series or the terminator mean any thing???? btw class d sucks go class "T" or the old class a/b but you need the power to run them. "A/B" in my day 300 watts was amazing power but there was no low sound quality like the class d. only class a and a/b

Qbee
Unregistered guest
What do you guys think of say using a larger sub 15" or 18" and say 2 smallers ones "10 / 8" ... and maybe making the smaller ones play a frequency slightly higher than the large one

tom429
Unregistered guest
I got 200 bucks and i cant decide between eclipse orion jl w3v2 or alpine type rs
i got sony xplod amp wit 165 rmsx2 (330 bridged) and 500x2 1000 bridged. The alpine is 500 rms and 1500 peak, is that dangerous for eiter the sub or amp

the super advice giver
Unregistered guest
it seems everyone has their own opinion. best advice= go to an audio store, check out the subs they have out for display and sampling, find what you like. then, go online and find the same sub that some online store is selling for about half price.

Username: 03galant

Concord, NC

whoever says that the jackhammer is the best sub, please quit watching p$mp my ride and get real. The MTX jacko Crapper is done in pure p$nis envy within the industry. All it is is to say yes we can make a big sub that can burp. If i wanted a burp sub i'd get a DD sub or a Treo. But there is no real best sub as everything and everyone has different tastes and different applications. Some of the better subs on the market though are IDMAX, Stereo Integrity Mags, RE XXX, DD, Treo SSx, Adire Brahma....JL and MTX 9500 are all falling short compared to these woofers. And i'm sorry but this thread has been posted on different forums like CAF and man they're ripping this one a new one!

BoomBoomBoy
Unregistered guest
You're all fvkking retard know-nothings. Fvkk, ignorance is bliss :rolleyes:

Name Taken
Unregistered guest
David, you forgot ED in that list.

Username: Memphiscaraudio

u people dont know enthing about car audio the best subs are memphis these subs will blow u out your car trust me i had two memphis subs with one 600 watt amp and i hit 165 dbs now i have 6 12inch memphis subs and 3 memphis amps and now the meter dont read it. so if u think ur stuff is loud ur krazzzzzzzyyyyyyyyy. so if u want some subs get thes and if u have somthing louder let me know

rob-gtp
Unregistered guest
get 2 kicker solo X's if u have the money 12s are only $380 on ebay and 2 kicker kx 2500 amps only $650 each on ebay now u have sq and spl for only about $2100 u will smash your friends

Anonymous

Jesus H. Christ, why do you car audio folks have to post in our HOME audio section all the time?

Can't you chumps navigate a simple forum website like this?

Or has all those slammin' subwoofers in the trunks of your cars caused PERMANENT BRAIN DAMAGE???

Silver Member
Username: Eramsey

South carolina United States

Post Number: 422
I dont't think they can hear you anon, 20% distortion at 140dBl has ruined their hearing.

Unregistered guest
i have not heard many of the more "exotic" subs like RE, W7, IDMAX, or Avalanche, but i can speak for the eclipse 15" titanium. i have it in a ported box and running off a Audiobahn (i know)A18001DT that claims 1200 rms at 2 ohms and it is accurate for a ported box and gets really loud. the power handling for the sub is way under rated, i bet it could take almost 1800 watts. i have heard some L7s and and a W6 before and my sub is about as loud as a 15 L7 and is as accurate as the W6. i highly recommend the eclipse titanium series. oh, as for being exspensive, watch ebay i got mine for $205 in perfect condition:-)

Bronze Member
Username: Dbtuner

Fredericton, New Brunswick Canada

Post Number: 28
since this is home audio why not the black widows from peavey

Silver Member

Post Number: 424
Nevin: Black Widows are a PA, electric bass speaker, not good for home audio. They are also the only potentially lethal spider in North America that I kill upon sight, lots of them in the South here. If you need bass on the Ricter scale then I would suggest a Velodyne 15" or maybe 2 of them!

subgod
Unregistered guest
lol the mtx 22 inch sub might b the best but lol if u crank it hard might aswell say good bye the the lyrics

Unregistered guest
Ey any1 out there got a sub 15 inch 5500 mtx for sale? if so n sellin my email is vaporeon_32@hotmail.com thanks. ps. with or without box is alrite. ASAP

Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 6
I think one of the best brands out there right now is Stereo Integrity. The MAG 15 has 3 inches of excursion and can handle as much as 2000rms and is 1/12 the price of a mtx jackhammer. For the money I think it is by far the best sub on the market today.

Silver Member

Post Number: 437
Folks this is the HOME AUDIO section for SUBWOOFERS FOR HOME AUDIO USE, NOT CAR. Go to the CAR AUDIO SECTION. No one wants to hear about your awful sounding 22' woofer that puts out pathetic amounts of distortion at a deafening volume here. This is for home audio subwoofers that are much, much cleaner and far more enjoyable.

Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 9
I picked the sub which I like best for HT use. Anyone else have any favorite HT subs. Right now my number 1 favorite is the mag 15 from SI. And my number 2 is the Tumult 15 from Adire. The older one of course. The new ones I am not that impressed with. Then again i am only going on specs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us