Yamaha

dustin333
Unregistered guest
Yamaha RX-Z1 worth $1500 dollars worth it. open item 4 year warranty. I know the sound is anything but laid back. commments/opinions

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1895
I don't think the RX-Z1 is bright at all. I have heard this model and it is not at all like the other RX-V series. It matches well with a lot of good speakers.
At that price, it is definitely worth the money.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 901
Four year warranty? Never heard of such a thing. For $1500 the RX-Z1 is a very good deal. The only drawback is it has a fixed crossover. Other than that it is a fine unit.

dustin333
Unregistered guest
Im sorry I meant 5 year warranty. I have also still been considering the Rotel 1067 or the Arcam 300. I now have also taken some interest in the Outlaw Audio pre/amp 950 combined with the 770 7.1 200 watt all channels driven amplifier.

dustin333
Unregistered guest
I also saw the Marantz sr9300 brand new for 1998.00 what do you think

dustin333
Unregistered guest
what do you think of the Marantz sr9300 compared to seperates as in the outlaw preamp 950 combined with the770 amplifier

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 905
I did not know anybody had 5 year warranties. That's pretty impressive. You have mentioned five very good products, all with their own sonic characteristics. I think you need to decide what you like best as the money is within a few hundred dollars but the features and sound of these is so different. There are no losers among these and I would not begin to tell you which to choose. Just go with whichever you like best and feel most comfortable with and you'll be fine.Good luck.

dustin333
Unregistered guest
can you tell me what all you know about Arcam 300 and the outlaw setup I spoke about. Is there anything either do not have as in do they carry every format. I know with the Arcam 300 you can upgrade it. As where I don't think you can upgrade the 950 processor from outlaw. Can you also add A 7.1 amplifier to the Arcam for more wattage in the future because it only puts out 100 watts per channel. When I look up the Arcam 300 on a search engine it seems to me I really cant find all the specs you normally see say when you look up Rotel or Marantz etc. Just need that little extra push on deciding what to purchase.

I know I've been going on and on and you know this because you have graciously responded to a lot of my questions and I can't thankyou enuff. You have seen me talk about the Rotel 1067 receiver for about 2000 and the Arcam for about 2000 I also have talked about Outlaw Audio dabbing into seperates which is all new to me. I have seen the Marantz sr9300 new for 1999 and the Yamaha RX-Z1 for 1500 Just need the extra push.

Like I said before right now I am pushing the Athena AS-F2's for fronts along with AS-b2's bookshelves for surround with AS-c2 for center channel. My sub in the near future will be the svs 20-39pci+. ggggggrrrrrrrr can't decide need audiophiles help.

Silver Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 115
Harman Kardon gave me 5 years as well.
Polk Audio gave me 7 years.

dustin333, the Athenas, in my opinion, are quite detailed, sensitive and aren't a heavy load. You say "only" 100 watts a channel, but this is more than enough power to drive these speakers in a large room. The Arcam 300 is more receiver than you need and the Outlaw combo is just plain overkill.

I wouldn't spend more than $1200 on a receiver unless you plan on upgrading your speakers in the future.

dustin333
Unregistered guest
I would like the option of upgrading speakers whenever I needed or wanted to sometime in the future. I would not want to have to opt out for a new receiver if the one I purchased did not have the outs for an amplifier. Or maybe I should just play it safe and go with the Outlaw Audio setup.

Bronze Member
Username: Sound_advice

Post Number: 78
Hi Dustin333

The Arcam also has a 5 year warranty and beautifull sound to boot.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1897
I will definitely recommend the Outlaw set-up. I also use Outlaw to drive Axiom M60. Unbelievable combination:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us