Yamaha RX-V800 vs RXV620

jeff nanna
I'm in the market for either a Yamaha RX-V800 or RX-V620, and I was wondering, other than the price, what the real differences were between the two. Any thoughts on what would be the better buy?

-Jeff

Valuecanuck
I am currently looking at the Yamaha receivers myself, and I have the brochure right in front of me.

Here are the improvements from the RXV-620 to the RXV-800 from the brochure:
- Oil-damped hidden control section
- 0.04% THD vs 0.06% THD
- Rear center decoder ("phantom mode")
- Extra coaxial input
- Extra optical input
- Extra set of AV inputs with S-Video
- Extra set of audio inputs
- Extra optical output
- "Quad field Cinema DSP"
- A/V Rec out selector
- Learning remote

I am afraid I can't elaborate much on these differences because I am a bit of a newbie. Nonetheless, I hope the information helps.

The Yamaha website has a great comparison chart for all their products.

David Taylor
Just purchased the 620 - With the exception possibly of "phantom" center rear and ES compatability - both mysteries to me the 620 is a better value by far. Also I believe Yamaha is about to add a recv'r to replace the 800. Bought the 620 online for $380 US incl shipping.
Using it with Onkyo DVD, Klipsch Sateiltte system is pretty strong for about $1200

I recommend RX-V800, it has more power (and better sound), but choosing a/v receiver depend a lot of factor (budget, system, room size, etc...). Please go to the Yamaha website, you can download the manuals to research, and there's rumour that Yamaha will release RX-V1200 and RX-V2200 this year featuring Dolby Pro Logic II. I just bought RX-V800 after comparing it with RX-V520, RX-V620, and RX-V1000. You can contact me to discuss Further more.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us