Digital Coaxial DTS ?

Username: Aeades

Post Number: 2
I have a question , i have a sony STRDB1070s which among many inputs has a Digital coaxial input for the DVD/LD channel which i believe supports DTS and other branded sound fields.

I connect the digital coax output on my sony dlp-ns305 to this via a digital coaxial cable, when i then play back a DTS encoded disc on the DVD player , a small Dolby symbol appears on the DVD players screen - I assume this means its dolby digital or DTS.

At the other end the reciever diplays 'digital coax' on the lcd screen and then it displays [PCM] briefly but the 'automatic signal detector' (something like that) does not enable the Dolby digital Decoding, DTS, 6.1 any of the fields. It just comes out from 2ch and Sub, I can then select Cinema sound simulation to enable all speakers.

I also cannot turn on DTS or 6.1 etc whilst connected by the digital coax

Please can someone advise me as i am a bit confused as to why two products of the same manufacturer do not seem to have connectivity on such a technology.

Anthony

Unregistered guest
You will need to go into your DVD players options and configure it to output Dolby Digital (not PCM). While you're at it, there should be an option to enable dts.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us