Pioneer elite 52 or 54

fka
Unregistered guest
is the cost difference between the elite vsx54 and 52 worth it? i have checked out dynaco (thanks elitefan1) and there is a$160 diff. between the two.
as i asked on another thread about the 54 will the 52 handle the 4ohms center speaker?
i know what sounds good just not up on all this tech stuff.
thanks again for any and all help.

Username: Honk

Post Number: 2
i too,have been waffling between these two models.as far as i can tell,the 54 has the dual motorola 150-mips dsp digital core engine(better clarity and more inter channel-discretion???)and has a higher capacitor rating(52tx= 2x15000uf,54tx= 2x22000uf,56tx= 2x27000uf)that i assume helps out with the dynamic peaks.
the 54 spec.sheet says that it has"advanced" mcacc set-up(i dont know if this means better than the 52 or what).the 52's remote has an lcd display that supposedly only tells you which unit you are controlling(dvd,vcr etc.)i have not been able to listen to these amps,so i,m just regurgitating what i,ve read....am i correct in my assumptions and is the price difference worth the money?i dont know...to those of you who have actually listened to these units..your knowledge and opinions would be greatly appreciated.

fka
Unregistered guest
thanks so much - this really helps
i could not have put it better myself
look forward to any future info
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us