Receiver for Polk Lsi

Bronze Member
Username: Blazer

Post Number: 24
Hello everyone,
I recently inherited a set of Polk Lsi 9s and Lsi center speaker. I'm looking for suggestions for a matching receiver that will be able to drive these 4 ohm puppies and works well with Polk Lsi. The previous owner was using a Sunfire which is well out of my price rannge. Thanks for any suggestions!

Bronze Member
Username: Buckcrazy

Post Number: 26
get pioneer elite or nad or marantz higher end models and any one of them will be a great choice depeneding on how much you wanna spend lol but they sure will pound u r 4 ohms speakers thanks

fka
Unregistered guest
i am kinda in the same boat.
currently looking at either the elite vsx 54 or 53.
can anyone tell me with the slight differences between the two is one better than the other and will they "pound" the 4 ohms? i have read the specs and am still not sure.
i found a great price on these elites but not sure about the internet vendor who is Editors Choice Audio/Video, any info?
thanks.
without a doubt i can say that the elite sounds great with the polks.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
i got a pioneer elite 54 and i had read somewhere in the forums that they are more than capable of pounding 4 ohm speakers no sweat so now can you be kind and share your source with us so we can also save some money and one little thing i think the 54 is newer version of 54 so do not by 53 unless you are getting a wicked deal on thant so look forward to you source thanks

Elite wanna-b
Unregistered guest
I have found a really good deal on an Elite vsx52 and was wanting to know if this receiver like the Elite 54 can also handle the 4ohm speakers.
Thank you for any help.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
i am sure it can as the power rating is slightly lower than 54 so should not be a problem you can also contact pioneer at www.pioneerelectronic.com and you have not shared the info on the source thanks

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 890
The person at Pioneer I talked to didn't do anything but read from the owmers manual when I asked them the same question and it says 6 and 8 ohm. I do not doubt that the Elite's will drive 4 ohm speakers because of their excellent load tolerance. Theoretically all THX receivers must be able to drive 4 ohm speakers so take that for fact or a grain of salt, whichever you wish.

Elite wanna-b
Unregistered guest
Buckcrazy -
Sorry about not sharing, but its a one time deal with a friend that bought the 52, never took it out of the box and is now liquidating.

Elitefan 1-
Thanks for taking the time in getting this info.
Is there anything about the 52 that should keep me from buying it?

Silver Member

Post Number: 892
I would be interested in the price you have been quoted and if it was from a local retailer or a mail order place. I mention that because dynaco.com has it for $539 and the even better vsx54 for only $699. I can think of no reason not to buy one of these very good receivers.

Elite wanna-b
Unregistered guest
No vendor, just a friend that is liguidating for and will sell for about the same money as dynaco.
Is dynaco good to deal with?
Is the price diff. of $160 worth the vsx54

Silver Member

Post Number: 893
I can't tell you if it's worth the extra money. It's up to you and your needs etc. I would go to pioneerelectronics.com and print out the specs and look them over. The 54 is about 6 pounds heavier and that tells me it has a beefier power supply and better components but the 52 measures out at 115 watts into a 8 ohm load with all 5 channels driven so it has a good power supply.
A coworker bought the Elite 59 from dynaco and had a very good experience and they seem good to work with and offer the same warranty as Elite so I feel ok about recommending people consider them.

Username: Aloha714

Westminster, CA USA

Post Number: 3
Hello,
Currently I'm using my Denon AVR-2500 receiver w/ my Carver Amp TFM-35 w/ VTL pre-amp late model of TL-2. Running thru my 2 front Polk Audio RTi12, center Polk CSi5 and FXi3 surround. It sounds somewhat good to me so far, but reading thru most of the recommendations, HK receiver is more highly recommended to run the Polks. I'm planning of trading it in the Denon AVR-2500 vs. the HK AVR130 or HK AVR335. Will this make a big different in sound? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 110
It will make it a little less bright, I run HK with Polks and it's a great match.

I would recommend the HK AVR230 over the 130 though, feature-wise it's a definite step up.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us