Thank you!

Bronze Member
Username: Sinkdrain

Post Number: 44
4 months ago I decided to put the money to update all my audio components. It actually all started when my wife decided I was to build a closet-thus eliminating the space for my floor speakers.

I went right to best buy, set on purchasing a set of fancy Bose book shelf speakers- expecting to really hear the details in the music I listen to. To my dismay, these speakers were not detailed at all. "If my old floor standing speakers are better sounding than these new sophisticated Bose speakers- I'm in trouble!"

That's when I jumped on the internet and found you guys at this Home Audio Forum! Everyone here was extemely nice and helpful answering my stupid questions.

After following your advice and spending a lot of time auditioning combinations I choose Athena bookshelfs paired to a Harman Kardon Avr 330. I am exteremely happy with the tone quality and the detail. When I finaly added the H/K to the speakers it was perfection for me. I am enjoying listening to my old CDs because they sound completely different. I hear things I didnt know existed on the albums. It is exactly what I wanted and I thank you all!

My plan was to simply upgrade my home audio- However, your enthusiasm rubbed off on me and I find my self wanting to learn more and more. Now, listening to music in my living room is an event. If it weren't for you guys I'd be listening to Bose right now. Not that there is anything wrong with that- it just was not what was looking for.

...Now its time to decide what I will listen to when I get home from work.

Thank you everyone,
Brian
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us