Which receiver with these speakers?

Username: Elwookie

Post Number: 1
I was looking at the reference series from Klipsch, but recently heard the SF series and thought they sounded pretty good for the money.

I am looking to get the folloring:
SF-3 towers
C-3 Center
S-2 Surrounds
KSW-10 sub

I may want to go one size smaller on the towers. I mostly will be watching TV and movies. In the $500 (plus/minue $100) range, what would you recommend?

Thanks!

Bronze Member
Username: Riches1

Atlanta, GA US

Post Number: 27
Numerous posts cite Harmon Kardon as great match with Klipsch speakers. Being a former Klipsch owner, I tend to agree.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 864
Check out the Elite vsx52 at dynaco.com for $539. Elite's warmth helps tame the brightness of Klipsch. A co-worker bought the Elite 59 from them and had a very postive experience. Also Marantz would be a good choice and hifi.com has the Marantz 5400 for $449 assuming they have it in stock as it is being replaced soon.

Username: Elwookie

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the advice. I really am a fan of the Pioneer from previous systems and think it will probobly be an easier system to use. For what I am setting up, is there and benefit to looking at the vsx54 as opposed to the 52?

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 869
I would get on Pioneer's website [pioneerelectronics.com] and look at both of them and see what you think. I do know the 54 is about 6 pounds heavier so it must have a beefier power supply. I don't know what features might appeal to you so print out the specs and take your time and compare. Good luck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us