Whats good 4 my Polks?

fka
Unregistered guest
I am needing some help.
I have or was given as a gift some Polk spreakers which consist of a center CSi30 and two bookshelves RT 35i. I do plan on getting the remaining speakers to complete the system and will match up accordingly. However I would appreciate some direction in which receiver in the $1000.00 range would work the best?
Thanks 4 any and all help.

Bronze Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 74
Harman Kardon AVR430/AVR630 are a good match, that's what I run with the CSi3, Fxi3, and Rti8s from Polk.

Look to Marantz and Pioneer Elite as well.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 856
Kano is right on target. The three brands he mentioned work very well with Polks. If you want to spend the entire $1000 look at the new Marantz 7500 and the new Elite's. Dynaco.com has the Elite vsx-56 for $997. If I was buying a new receiver today for my MA's I would give them a call. BTW, I really like the Polk RTi 35. I had the RTi 25 and really miss them.

fka
Unregistered guest
Thanks 4 the info.
I had pretty much zeroed in on the Elite vsx-53 but will check out the others.
Any recomendations on which Polks to finish out the surround speaker system ?

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 862
I would suggest you look at the Polk website[polkaudio.com] and look specifically at the new RTi line and figure out what appeals to you and your budget. I would think any of the new models would be fine with the 35's but if you can afford it you might consider the RTi8 or 10 for mains and move the 35 's to surrounds. Good luck.

fka
Unregistered guest
great minds think alike!
i was thinking about moving the 35's to the back but wasn't sure if it was an over-kill.
thanks again!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
If you get a 7.1 receiver the 35s would be perfect for the surround backs. I personally love the FXis from Polk for the surrounds.

Definitely not overkill, commonly tower speakers are used as surrounds. Personally I only think that is good for music since most 5.1 movies don't take full advantage of the surrounds.

You may want to also consider buying some Fxi3s for the surrounds, and keeping the rti35s for the mains. This would be a great low cost solution especially if you get a 7.1 receiver, then you could always buy tower speakers later and move the 35s to the back.

Username: Aloha714

Westminster, CA USA

Post Number: 4
Hi Kano,
You suggested that when you have a 7.1 receiver, you moved the 35s to the back. Does this mean you will have a total of 7 speakers? So, the sourround speakers will place in the middle of the room? I'm planning on getting a 7.1 HK receiver to set up all 7 speakers or keeping my Denon AVR2500 to play 5 speakers and the Carver amp TFM-35 to play the 2 front, but not sure how it should set up for good quality sound. Please help. Any suggestion is greatly appreicated. Thank you

Silver Member

Post Number: 109

FL C FR
SL...SR
...C

FL C FR
SL...SR
BL...BR

7 speakers, you set it up the same as you would a 5.1 system, and position the 2 surround back speakers behind you. I'm guessing for proper placement they should on parallel with the front left/right speakers, but I could be wrong.

The Rti35s would make PERFECT rear surround speakers IMO.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us